Dont buy gas on september 3rd!

Re: RE: AT Tires

joejeepny said:
But then again amoco and bp are bush's and blair's buddies arent they?

...and of course this is all their fault. An "oil guy" and his English puppet. Yeah better avoid those too :roll:

Seriously though... I'm no environmentalist but yes they are the biggest polluters. Not to mention the piss poor job they did after the Valdez spill.

Just a new guys thought but shouldn't our futore be in ethinnal fuels e85 and such

Re: RE: Fantasy Football Time!!

shevyluv69 said:
Just a new guys thought but shouldn't our futore be in ethinnal fuels e85 and such

I'm with you shevyluv!!! It's nobody's fault but our own. We've had over 30 years to come up with alternative fuels (re: the oil embargo of 1973) and we haven't done squat. I'm sorry to say that my generation has to take the brunt of the blame. I mean, c'mon, here on Jeepz we have an 18 year old kid that converted his XJ over to total electric power...........Jeeezz!!!! I'm 'bout ready to consult the old timers around here and fire me up a still..........and NOT for drinking!!!

mud4feet said:
I'm 'bout ready to consult the old timers around here and fire me up a still..........and NOT for drinking!!!
I know how to make one...... but not for fule :( At this point fule is more important than drink

I have not bought gas from exxon or mobile in fifteen years

It is Mobil, with no "e".... I know I work at an ExxonMobil lubricant distributor and the only polluting we due is from our 4 diesel delivery trucks. :lol:

I know that Exxon, pre-merger with Mobil, paid over a Billion back in the late 80's and kept paying fishermen to not catch fish for over a decade later. It was terrible what one drunk sailor did. :cry:

RE: Death Wobble?

90Xjay said:
It was terrible what one drunk sailor did. :cry:

The Exxon Valdez spill was a very, very minor spill in terms of sheer volume of oil spilled and number of species affected. Since the Valdez, there have been several larger, more devastating spills. So why does the Valdez get the attention? Because the captain was drunk, it happened in a "sensitive ecological area" and because Greenpeace happened to be on location when it happened. The media jumped all over it like a dog on a bone, and blew the whole damn thing way out of proportion. Since the Valdez, there have been spills just as large and just as damaging on the Mississippi, the Great Lakes, the Gulf of Mexico, and San Francisco Bay. Without the media hype, they were effectively brushed under the rug.

Biggest polluter, so you won't buy their gas? What about Daimler/Chrysler? Chrysler is one of the biggest polluters in the auto industry, but you still buy Jeeps.....double standard?

RE: Differences between an 87 and an 88

People will drink and hide it well. Accidents will happen. These things I have no problem with, as they are really kind of out of the corporation's hands. What pissed me off was the shots of people trying to wipe down oil soaked birds and scrubbing rocks after Exxon's cleanup effort had been completed. Like I said, I'm no freakin' greenie, but I remember that time well and I believe if you screw up and it affects someone else, then you fix it no matter what. That is why to this day I treat them as JoeJeepNY does.

Back