Dont buy gas on september 3rd!

Sully

Holy fender overkill Batman!!

Dont Buy gas on September 3rd!!!!
Boycotting the gas companies will decrease the price dramatically. Ive checked into it and if over half the US didnt buy gas for 1 day, the gas companies would be close to bankrupcy!!! So Lets show them how to lower gas prices. So repost this to all your friends. We have to get the word out.

RE: Re: RE: bent driveshaft + highway driving = bye bye tran

chain letter! It wouldn't work. Every one will buy gas the day before or after causing the gas companies to raise their prices on those days. Even if they don't the same amount of gas is being bought and used as always. PLus, who's not going to fill up before a holliday weekend? Sorry Sully.......this myth is BUSTED.

RE: Re: RE: Atlanta

jumppr said:
chain letter! It wouldn't work. Every one will buy gas the day before or after causing the gas companies to raise their prices on those days. Even if they don't the same amount of gas is being bought and used as always. PLus, who's not going to fill up before a holliday weekend? Sorry Sully.......this myth is BUSTED.

Ditto. This goes around every time prices jump, and has been for about the past 5 or 6 years. Plain and simple, it wouldn't work, pretty much for the reasons jumppr stated. Gas usage is going to be the same whether anyone buys it on the 3rd or not. They're still going to need gas the next day anyway. Petroleum companies do not make money day by day anyway. They make money per barrel and by the tanker. When the truck shows up to fill the tanks at the gas station, that's when they make their money. It may be several days between deliveries, so one day of not filling up won't even be noticed. Sorry Sully......

RE: Re: RE: bent driveshaft + highway driving = bye bye tran

That's it, I'm trading the Jeep in for an old Yugo.

Think I can squeeze 33's under it?

Re: Holy fender overkill Batman!!

TwistedCopper said:
That's it, I'm trading the Jeep in for an old Yugo.

Think I can squeeze 33's under it?

Yugo, Boy....You go! :lol: LBR

Let's drill in Alaska, and actually KEEP the oil for our own usage.

Let's let the Democrats be right for once and take some of Iraqs oil. We've paid for it already

Let's tell all of these upstart turdpile countries that if we don't get our oil cheaper, they won't get anymore US aid.

And DUH....let's build more refineries so we can make the dang stuff in large enough quantities

Forget the boycotts, forget the scooters, forget plugging your car into the electrical jack on the wall. We have plenty of oil, we just need to grow some stones and stop letting people hold it over our heads.

RE: Posting Pics

I've gone as far as taking the 30's off the jeep and putting 205/75R15 back on just to squeeze in a few more MPG.
Am I a sinner for this?

RE: Re: Holy fender overkill Batman!!

Junkpile said:
Let's drill in Alaska, and actually KEEP the oil for our own usage.

Let's let the Democrats be right for once and take some of Iraqs oil. We've paid for it already

Let's tell all of these upstart turdpile countries that if we don't get our oil cheaper, they won't get anymore US aid.

And DUH....let's build more refineries so we can make the dang stuff in large enough quantities

Forget the boycotts, forget the scooters, forget plugging your car into the electrical jack on the wall. We have plenty of oil, we just need to grow some stones and stop letting people hold it over our heads.

Amen, Brother!!

Sully said:
Dont Buy gas on September 3rd!!!!
Boycotting the gas companies will decrease the price dramatically. Ive checked into it and if over half the US didnt buy gas for 1 day, the gas companies would be close to bankrupcy!!! So Lets show them how to lower gas prices. So repost this to all your friends. We have to get the word out.

I am with you sully. I am not going to fill up on 9/3. I only have a 5 mile drive to work so I usually dont have to fill up but every 2 weeks. I just got a full tank on 8/23 so I should be good through 9/6. FIGHT THE POWER!

RE: What President Bush

I don't really care if it works or not, a protest would be good to see. Damn the doubters Sully, I'm in!!! (this time :lol: )

I have probably committed the most grevious gas savings...

I have finally decided to go back country on only one day of the weekend...

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer.
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,
united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a
plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50
is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular
unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is
CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to
teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers
need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price
of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not
purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying
gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the
two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If
they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce
their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies
will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now,
don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and
I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you
send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300
send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on,
by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,
we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED
MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10
people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL.
That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email
out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300
MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8
days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much
potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30
RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

I know I know, it's a chain letter. I thought it was a better sounding idea than the single day boycott

Sully said:
... the gas companies would be close to bankrupcy!!! .

So, let's examine this phrase, shall we? What happens when a company goes bankrupt? Let's say company A goes bankrupt. Company A is bought out by Company B. Next, to recoup the expenses of buying a bankrupt company, Company B must close down parts of Company A (local gas stations). It must also then lay off thousands upon thousands of people nationwide because of having fewer stations open. The economy takes a major hit while the unemployment rates skyrocket. To further offset expenses of having to pay unemployment benefits to thousands of laid off workers, Company B must then make more profit from what it has (fewer stations), so it in turn raises gas prices even more to counter the costs associated with the "one day boycott" proposed through email spam (assuming it would work that way, though we have already proven that it can't). End result? The economy is in a shambles from high unemployment rates, you must now drive 10 times the distance to buy gasoline at a much higher rate than you are now. Your company that you work for must also drive further and pay more, and as a result has to cut jobs, benefits, and wages. More unemployed people clogging the welfare system. Other companies that rely on petroleum products to ship and/or manufacture their wares feel the crunch of higher prices, and therefore must cut jobs, benefits, and wages as well as raise prices to compensate to prevent themselves from going bankrupt (and being bought by another company, split up, laid off, sliced, diced and pureed by the economy).

Let's not not buy gas on the 3rd. It's been proven that it won't work, but just think through what would happen to all of us if it did work.

Re: RE: What President Bush

Well then... abandon hope, bend over and take it like the squeeling infidel pigs that they say we are!

Ya know, for many many years fear of boycotts is what kept several corporations honest in this country. I don't think for a second that the plan on that e-mail would work, but it would be nice to see people sending a message.

For the record, I don't buy from Mobil or Exxon anyhow ;)

RE: Is it the stoopid BBD carb?

Would that I could pick and choose what days to buy/not buy gas... But the Jeep needs to eat. And I need to eat... And I can't eat without work, and I can't work without Jeep, and Jeep don't work without eat... And on a 7 day/week, 14 hour/day schedule, Jeep eats a lot :(

heck, freaking ran out on the way to the gas station, and maxed out my visa to feed it this morning...

clunking from front

ya, I go through so much fuel all the time...I can't really pick and choose which days I buy and which days I don't. I just have to buy it when I need it.

RE: Somethings wrong but I don

so my jeep has been in the shop for a week, and i'm convinced that the honda i'm driving now gets the same miles per gallon as the jeep, because i'm seriously at the gas station every other day, regardless of which vehicle i'm driving. though i guess that's what happens when you can only put $5 in at a time :p.

so will i be buying gas on september the 3rd? at this rate september 3rd will be an off day, but the 2nd and the 4th are on!

Re: RE: What President Bush

randomjeeper said:
so my jeep has been in the shop for a week, and i'm convinced that the honda i'm driving now gets the same miles per gallon as the jeep, because i'm seriously at the gas station every other day, regardless of which vehicle i'm driving. though i guess that's what happens when you can only put $5 in at a time :p.

so will i be buying gas on september the 3rd? at this rate september 3rd will be an off day, but the 2nd and the 4th are on!

Ain't it the truth! I bought a Honda Civic from a friend a few years ago for around $1500. It had 171,000 on it and still got over 40 mpg. Of course, it only had a 9 gallon tank, so it would go just as far as the Jeep does now on a tank of gas....but it sure was cheaper to fill up!

RE: clunking from front

I have not bought gas from exxon or mobile in fifteen years. The only time they get my money is when I am in the middle of no where and the tanks on e and the gps says I wont get to the next gas station. Then I still wont fill up. They are both the largest pollutors out of the gas companies.

Back