Doing the install on my R/T for shaved door handles

83CJ701DakRT

I'm finialy getting around to fixing the truck after the fight with the barbed wire fence 2 years ago. I have the hood and both fenders finished and ready for paint. I plan on relocating the tailgate handle and I have already shaved the antenna and relocated it under the hood and I have the kit to shave my door handles. I'll be getting the right alarm for the kit tomorrow. They sent out the standard alarm instead of the one I upgraded to. Tonight I got the drivers door finished up and ready to hook up the relay to. I need to go get some patch material to fill in the handle hole. I have a guy that will do the paint and lay ghost flames on it for $1,600, total repaint. He's doing 2 coats silver, sand it smooth, 2 more, 2 clear coats, cut and buff. After that he'll lay out and shoot the flames and bury them under 4 coats of clear and cut and buff again to smooth the edges. The flames are going to be the factory silver that look like flames on the nose, going into blue pearl ghost flames, kinda like a double flame job. This guy airbrushed shaddows under the flames to make it seem like they are popping up, looks good. He said he's going to pull the bed so there are no dry lines inbetween. This guy does awesome work and I was suprised he'd do it for so cheap. Granted I am going the majority of the body work. If you were to take a new vehicle in for flames alone, he'd charge $1,500, I don't think I'm getting to bad a deal...Mikey

Good paint work does not come cheap. Sounds like you found a great deal. Keep the man happy and a friend.
D 8)

Back