do you use your daily driver?

2000wrangler

i see all these pics of guys with modified and lifted jeeps going all over god's creation. i was wondering. are these your daily drivers or a second vehicle you can beat up a little and not have to worry.

[addsig]

Mine is not all modified and everything as of yet but will be soon if the lord is willing and the creek done dry up. However I do use it off road as often as time premits and it does at least weekly. I do break parts and the paint job has (as PASmokeater says) plenty of back woods pinstripes. My nice shinny alum wheels are scuffed and scraped. I break plenty to mamy parts and still keep the roads hot daily. So yup it is my go anywhere do all daily ride. Tug[addsig]

that is what they are designed for... they are an offroad vehicle that you can register to run on the road to get from trail to trail... or so you have an excuse for when you get caught crossing the expressway... yeah, i use my daily driver for offroad all the time... otherwise, a lift, tires, winch, gears, lights or any offroad accessory is just a waste of money... remember, if its only for looks, its a waste of money[addsig]

You could say mines a daily driver.Not that I drive it daily. :wink: Sully[addsig]

I have about 5.5" lift, mud tires, and all the fun stuff that gets me around off road, I may not get to go wheelin as much as some people, but I go. I also put about 50 miles a day on my YJ. It is my only vehicle (that runs) other than my bike (which is not easy to use in snow)

As long as you can live with the changes made in the vehicle post-modification, suspension, steering, the jelousy of onlookers, and is street legal, heavily modified jeeps are very capable in the asphalt jungle (boston for me)

Johnny[addsig]

I agree, I love to see jacked-up-jeeps driving everyday, but you can tell the real off-roaders, from the street-sweepers. The show jeeps still have the stock spare tire with 4 33's or bigger, on the road. Any trail jeeper knows that you have to have a full size spare. Most organized trail rides require it.

While my YJs not lifted yet, it will be and I know I have to drive it everyday. This is why I'm not going SOA witha 3" Body lift and 38's. A nice 4" lift with some 32" BFG M/T are in order for me. That way, I still have road manners with a very capable trail rig. The balance of life, right!?

:cool: [addsig]

mine is at the current time, but in the next few months it will become a weekend wheeler, and not a DD anymore[addsig]

My future Jeep will hopefully be my daily driver.
Since my goal is an around town commuter, and
eventually a Hemi swap, I do not have plans for
adding a lift kit or off-road rubber.

I may be breaking some Jeep morality clause or
something, but I am planning to have fun with it.
[addsig]

i agree with hi c i got the same exact jeep he has and i use my jeep everyday to work and ofcourse go offroad.

hi c,what kind of performance mods well you get besides the lift ofcourse to keep your performance and your power good,so you can run those 32".thanks [addsig]

Excuse me boys....my turn to crow LOL

I have a stock 99 Wrangler and any pics you see of mine are with no mods (including the GSA's on the rims. It is my daily driver, and there's nothing better than showing up at work on a monday morning with the mud still dropping off the Money Pit.

I like to think I go all over God's creation, although I sometimes have to find a different approach, or submit to the tow strap once in awhile. I have plenty of "back woods pinstripes (earned them due to the brunt of harassment I got from the actual pinstripes, thanks guys). I also have learned how to push my little stocker, and get out of it everything she has to offer. Somehow, I always come back surprised by what she has got me through that day.

I'm still working on the site (any day now guys lol), but here is a link to my online albulm. It's on image station, so if your not a member, you'll have to register, but it's free. It will give you an idea of what I actually put The Pit through, and what a stock everyday driver will do.

PASmokeater's Online Album

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

I am in the process of saving for my Lift and 31s gunna cost me about 700 for the wheels and meats alone. I decided on the Firestone Destination M/Ts. These will not wear as quick on the Atlanta roads but will also be the meat I need to go where I wanna go. I figure about a K to get me where I wanna be. let's just say it will not be this month. When it is done, well, I only have one ride, so I guess it will be my DD.[addsig]

Mandarrin,

I'm gonna get an the Flex-a-lite Wrangler II Electric fan from Summit Racing. That mod seems to offer the most benefit for the smallest dollar. I already have the K&N replacement air filter. I kept the stock air box and it seems to help a little. The electric fan will help a lot. Then, later down the road, I'm gonna get a header for the 4cylinder. I found one for $180 at Rubicon Outfitters. That way, I wont have to regear. Re-gearing is nice, but we 4cylinders have the 4.10 gears stock, so I'll stick with that. Plus it's so expensive to get both axles re-geared professionally. I might be able to do it, but I'd better leave that up to someone who knows what they're doing. If I was to re-gear, I'd want to buy a locker because, if you're in the diff housing, might as well do everything at once, right? So, a lock-right is down the road. But after the lift and meats, elec. fan. What about you?

HI_C[addsig]

hi c,

thats a cool header and cheap too.how many extra horse power those it give you?i think i'll make that my next mod since my headers got a tine hold in it.those that come with the pipe that goes from the headers down to the catalytic?

i thinks i'm going to get either a 3" rough country lift or 2" bds lift and probably 32" tires.i'll need to get a new cat back system seens mine came out.
[addsig]

If you are going to 32's you need to go with the rough country or it will be tight in there with the 2" lift. tug[addsig]

I agree with tug. While you do have the shackle lift, the addition of the 2" spring lift would clear the 32's, but only for street driving. Tug just found a great deal on the rough country lift at followmyrutz.com. Total cost with shipping is $435 for the 3" lift. That's nice. Hell Creek wanted $510 with shipping. But if you decide on the 2" BDS lift, then I suggest getting 31's.

Yeah, that header looks great, and at a great price. I don't know about the performance gains, cause I don't have one, but I imagine it would make the exhaust flow a lot easier. It would then depend on your catalytic converter and muffler. If you go hi-flow components or just straight pipe it, then you'd probably be looking at significant power increase... Let us know if you get it.

C[addsig]

i looked at the headers,but the guy said that those were just a factory replacement and that it woul not give you any extra horse power.so i'm just going to wait and get the borla headers wich run about 350.00 with the new head pipe.

[addsig]

I just went through this same deal. I was advised to stick with the stock manifold and loose the cat and keep the folwmaster. Something about there was not that great of incress and the headers were a lot of trouble over time. Then again I run a 4 banger so that is what I did. Could not be happier. Plus the manifold is alot cheaper. Tug[addsig]

tug,

i'm curios when you took the catalic off did you just put a pipe directly to the moffler?i was looking at the 30 series flowmaster and that runs about 170.00.also does if you take your cat out and put a flowmaste would it do any damage to my jeep?
thanks again[addsig]

I first fell in love with Jeep vehicles because of their looks. Only after buying my first Jeep did I then love it because of its off-road ability. So just because I bought my TJ because I think it looks great and I do not use it off-road (I live in Chicago), I do not feel that it is a waste of money.

:-D [addsig]

Back