Votes: 55 55.6%
  • It's got wash me written on the back

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • I can't see out the windshield through the mud

Votes: 11 11.1%

• Total voters

Terry - can the multi-jeep owners vote once for every jeep they own? LBR

Hey look Ma it is orange jeep told ya so

With careful scientific methods and 20 trips through the auto-car washer it has been determined that my jeep is Orange

It really depends... If it's fresh mud, I keep it on there as long as it will stay... Mud is, after all, better than the 4 tons of salt it would otherwise accumulate on these Michigan roads... If, however, the mud has washed off to a point where it's nothing more than road dust and film, I wash and wax it...

Whatever the case, even if mudding or up north, the interior is always shampooed, armouralled, and generally spotless...

I admit I have handwashed my Jeep on a couple of occasions, but for the most part, the mud generally stays a while. Once it gets to the point that it interferes with the aerodynamics of the Jeep, I'll blast the big chunks off at the car wash. I still have mud on the dash and inside of the windshield from last spring.

For the most part its not to bad little dirty,but right now it does have wash me writen on it.My wife took out the transmission on our fall rally so it never got clean.

I usually clean right after a ride (as is there is a lot of mud in the north east) but the same mud has been on my Jeep since august.

i'm lazy, my jeep gets washed when i visit my friend matty (he likes vehicals to be CLEAN) i havnt seen him since agust and he didnt see my jeep that time. my jeep hasnt bee cleaned in a couple months. i'll wash is more often once we get snow and they start salting the road.. although the rain has pretty much cleaned the outside the inside (including my passenger seat) is still covered in dirt

I think mine will get washed tonight, as they are calling for thunderstorms.

i put myself down for option 4:

image-missing.png

got myself into a pretty nice mud pit the other day! ::GRIN::

hehe mud holes...i found a nice one...in the middle of a drizzly night...happened to bottom out on a huge piece of sick looking grey clay...so hard that i couldnt shovel myself out...well lets just say of 16 hours of rain and 35 degree weather...i shoveled out $250 out for a tow truck (the type with dual winches that could lift 150,000 lbs each) with a 250 ft line it 60 feet of chain and decided to go swimming under the mud to hook it up...and i got out...wish i knew how to take pics from my cell and send them to my comp...i dont have a link cable...

Without a garage, it's hard to keep any vehicle super clean in the Keys with tons of coral dust and salt in the air. But since it's new to me & we've had multiple hurricanes, it's been getting a bath pretty frequently. Hooray for being in the 20% of the vehicles in the Keys to survive Wilma!:)

I clean mine after the second or third time I have to wipe the dirt off the plexiglass in front of the speedometer

I like to think I hold the record for a dirty jeep. My scrambler was washed in 1994 when I got it, and then not again until 2005 when I began a frame up restoration on the beast.

I do not recomend this however. Each time I'm under the jeep now I find a giant pile of rockhard dirt that falls on my face.

That's exactly why I bought a pressure washer and clean mine after every ride. I got tired of spending $10 worth of quarters each trip and junk falling in my face when underneath the Jeep. I get under there before every ride and check for loose or broken parts that need to be repaired. I guess that is why she hasn't left me broken down in several years. Fortunately, on the last inspection I found the cracked frame before we headed out to beat the snot out of it for the weekend. It would have been ugly trying to get back with a broken frame.

The beauty of a Jeep is that it looks good both squeaky clean & dirty.
That said, I personally prefer to have my vehicle clean unless I just went in some mud, then I want to flaunt to the soccer-mom SUVs for a little bit lol.

When checking out used Jeeps before I bought a new one, I saw many that had lots of rust around the hinges & around the chips in the paint. That doesn't look rugged or cool, it looks trashy IMHO. Just simply washing + waxing at least 4X per year will generally prevent that...

Back