death wobble

jeepdude832

I put 5.5 springs in and If I hit a big bump going 40+ I get the worst death wobble ever. I have longer lower control arms and a drop pitman I also just replaced my steering stabalizer. I oredered a ajustable trac bar with the drop down bracket. Willl that fix it. Where can I get a dual steering stabilizer kit for a tj .thanks

u can get a dual steering stabilizer from quadratec but i dont know if it will help

It sounds like your track bar is loose. Check the bottom bolt on the axle. The dual kits on a TJ go back to the frame, make sure you don't go with a nitro tube it won't work as well. BDS makes a great dual kit.

Dont waste your money on a dual stabilizer kit. Make sure you take it in for an alignment first. Check the track bar bolt like he said. The adjustable track bar should fix the problem. If it doesnt also check to make sure you don't have a tire out of balance. Depending on what tire size your are running you may have to upgrade your drag link and steering set up to something a little stronger. Those stock ones don't stabilize 35" or bigger tires very well! Currie makes a good one but its a kind of expensive. I have the poison spyder kit on my TJ and I am thrilled with it!

Engine Overhaul....now we got problems

I have been runnin 35s for two months with no probs till I did the new springs Its probly the trac bar.

Upgrading the steering stabilizer is just a bandaid fix that will likely hide the real problem.

Check the upper and lower mounts on the front track bar, they need to be very tight. Check all the bushings in the front control arms, one worn bushing will cause DW. Lastly have the tires rebalanced at a quality shop.

deffinatly check your track bar. i had that problem only if i wass going over 40-50 mph i would get a horrific wobble after i hit a bump.

the only effect that having your sway bar will effect will be body roll and the ability to flip easier on hard turns. Not DW.

Sway bar has nothing to do with it. I removed mine completely. Youi get a little more body roll but doesnt affect the wat it handles at all and definately no wobble!

Ok I got my sye in today and man what a relief no vibes the wobble is definately less I am still waiting for the new trac bar. When I dropped my rear drive shaft the u joint bearing caps just fell off the bearing had turned to dust.

get a bigger tie rod....ive been told thats a really good fix for dw, i got rid of mine through rotating my tires...

I have a wrangler with bad death wobble, it starts between 35 and 45 mph, but never over 55. Ive had it looked at several times and Ive replaced severall worn out parts, but no one can stop the wobble. I put in a heavy duty steering stabilizer, it helped some but didnt fix it. I have a rough country suspension lift, with 39.5 iroc super swampers. Can those be ballanced?

no idea on the balance on that size but who did your alignment? take it to a place that specializes in lift kit installation so they can do the alignment to what it should be now that its lifted. your rough country kit would have the new specs in the instructions with the lift kit. mine did on my cherokee i recently had.

Back