Date all screwed up?

Sully

Why does my date say January 12,1970???Is that your b-day Terry?
Jk but anyone else getting this?

Hi-Ya Sully,

Check the date-time of the internal clock in your PC.

The date shown at the top right of this Jeepz.com web page is not transmitted to your PC. That displayed date is derived from the internal clock of your PC.

I can make the date shown in the top right corner to read any date I wish merely by adjusting the date-time of the clock in my PC and then refreshing the web page.

Like this:

image-missing.png

I wonder if your PC, for some reason, (dead battery?) recently (12 days ago) reverted to the default start date-time of the clock chip in your PC?

Another, albeit unlikely, possibility: if your PC is part of a home-network running a UNIX-based server, and your PC is time-slaved or synched time-wise to that server, under most UNIX versions the epoch is 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 1970. The "1970" seems awfully coincidental, doesn't it?

If you are using a PC (vice Apple), are you seeing error messages during boot-up?

Regards,

Gadget

I am probably the only jeepz member on a mac.And now my date is January 1,1970.

Happy New Year all!

It's 1970!

Sully, I think the battery in your Mac has died.

If you call the AAA, maybe they will dispatch a service truck with a very, very tiny set of jumper cables to get your Mac clock running again until you can replace that battery.

:lol:

Gadget

Back