Dana 20 to AtlasII...PICS

redrooster

I got the install done and I'm going to finish up all the other details tonight.
If anyone wants to host some pics, I have several available.
Here's the story:
My Dana 20 was a ticking time bomb behind the TH400 and AMC 360. It was over worked and under geared pushing 39.5" Boggers. Well the bomb went off last month at Gray Rock on the first day of a 3 day ride. The result was approximately 40 teeth sheered off of the gears that drive the front wheels. All the metal in the case kept getting wedged in the teeth for the rear wheel gears as well. It almost didn't go on the trailer.
I knew this was my last weakness so I had ordered a Super 300 from Jb Conversions way back in February. This is the one with 32 spline shafts all the way around and a 4:1 gear set. They are pretty nice. To make an even longer story short, they were unable to get the gears in from the machine shop to build one for me.
I got lucky and found an unused Atlas II 3.8 on e-bay and got it for about $500 less than AA wants for it. Plus I got it in 5 days.
I'll post pics if someone will host.

2.0:1 to a 3.8:1 low range ratio. Man your gonna love that with the type of wheeling you do. One day when I either win the lottery or my wife gives me permission....I'm going to try to get a highlander version with the 3.0:1 low. How much was the JB 32 spline conversion for the D300?

HELP!!!93 YJ would not go into gear

So, you'll be set for the June Jam? I might need your rig to drag mine up a couple of hills :lol:

That thing is going to be low. You are gonna love the 4.1. Congrats on the finish now lets see them pics!

rubi owners

Junk, They have the prices listed on the website. They will build you a Dana 300 with all the upgrades for $1350. It will be 4:1 with 32 spline everything.
Merk, I'll be there with bells on.
I hope to send the pics of my busted junk shortly.
Yeah...it's stupid low, now.

Twisted...you've got mail.
On a side note, I have got to give it up for Advance Adapters. Despite my buying this off of E-bay, they have offered to extend the warranty to me (since it is still new) and they are sending me some shifter components that were missing, free of charge. Their customer service and professionalism is top notch.

Price Quote

redrooster said:
Twisted...you've got mail.
On a side note, I have got to give it up for Advance Adapters. Despite my buying this off of E-bay, they have offered to extend the warranty to me (since it is still new) and they are sending me some shifter components that were missing, free of charge. Their customer service and professionalism is top notch.
I wish all companies were like that! Here's your pics ( I made them smaller to fit the screen):
PictureFtCampbell028JPG-3.jpg

PictureFtCampbell014JPG-3.jpg

PictureFtCampbell029JPG-3.jpg

PictureFtCampbell011JPG-3.jpg

My brother is a mechanical engineer and took those broken gears to work to use as demonstrations for stress analysis training. They couldn't figure out how I broke a section of teeth, then there was a section of unbroken teeth then another section of broken teeth. I said "think about it." I stood on it and broke one section. It quit going, so I backed up and stood on it again. "Oh"...silly engineers.

Nobody has comments on the pics? Wow, can't believe you guys are speechless.

I broke the case in this weekend. I was one of two Jeeps in our group without breakage. I saw two Dana 300 failures, so I was glad to have the Atlas.
A week of constant rain across the state has made it one sloppy mess down here. It was awesome. Most of my mud coverage came from towing a dead Jeep up two long, steep hills. Muddy hill+ towing dead Jeep+ cut boggers+ foot on the floor= $15 at the coin wash.

Back