Compromised or specialized?

Well I blew the muffler last time out so I think headers & dual exhaust are on the agenda. I definately need some sort of locker in both diffs. Would like the Detroit in the rear, ARB in the front but would like a less expensive alternative with out sacraficing a whole lot. I'm not going to get real extreme with this rig as I'm leaving the stock axles in it. I'll be installing a truss/skid I have to the rear 20 right away. This will be a good start for now.

I think headers & dual exhaust are on the agenda.
I had fenderwell headers on my Jeep when I bought it and ran them for years. I grew to hate them. They were hot, blew dust really bad on the trail and left you smelling like exhaust, not to mention they were overly loud.
The factory manifolds are a pretty decent design as far as being free flow. I went back with the factory manifolds and then ran some larger diameter tubing out the back to a single Dynomax muffler. Now it's a lot cooler, doesn't kill me with fumes or dust and still sounds very throaty when you get on it.
I personally don't like the fenderwell headers and wouldn't recommend them. That's just my opinion, you can get "in the frame" headers and they may be better.

Back