coil spacer size?

steelerman

just trying to figure out what size spacers are okay. my 4 inch long arm tera with 1 inch body with 35's would just like a little boost. Any size suggestions???[addsig]

1" i would guess.... i also think there are adjustable one that can go from .75" to 1.25"[addsig]

Hey Steelerman, Are you origionally from the Burg or just another die hard Steeler fan? Frank[addsig]

hey pqhpenna. I am not from pitt just a die hard for about 30 years now. I fly out every year for a game. and the playoffs. We stay at the Hilton DT where they stay for curfew. Now that Kordell Stewert we just might win one.lol My buddies are from pitt and WV[addsig]

steelerman, I have the Tera long arm kit with a 1 inch body lift. I just recently added Tera's .75 in. coil spring spacers, when I received the spacers they measured 1.25in. So I just added them to the isolators and went with that much height. Looks great, probably could run 37's :-D . Tera also says that they won't warranty anything over their .75 in. spacer. Hope this helps. By the way what color is your jeep?[addsig]

whats up ajfrank. My jeep is the white Sahara version. I wanted to ask you about the handling. Did you add anything steering wise for control? The shop said I should be fine. Of course the are udjusting the short shaft and drive shaft. They said if I went to a 6-8 inch lift they would want to do a high steer knuckle and draglink and tracbar work. Hopefully I'll have everything I need. They said we might have room for bigger tires but don't go past 35's because of our axle sizes.[addsig]

Oh yah ajfrank my shop is going to use some OME 4.5 springs of the tera 4's. Should be close to 6 1/2 inches with the body and coils. yah baby[addsig]

steelerman, I just installed currie's new tie rod and drag link assembly, but thats about it. I never put my dropped pitman arm on and I use a rancho steering stabalizer. Currie says that their steering kit is good only up to 6 inches I have 7.5 and it's fine. [addsig]

ajfrank, I don't think they are adding anything for my steering. Do you think I'll be okay or should I add something. Anything semi inexpensive???? that system they want to put on mine is around $1400. I was hoping to avoid that. But then again then is it neccessary??? How much was the currie and rancho stablizer?[addsig]

The Currie steering kit was about $400 and the steering stabalizer was about 45 bucks. I would most definitly get an aftermarket steering stabalizer, the stock one is just not enough with big tires. You said 35's for tires right? Well all the stock steering on your jeep is 1 inch hollow tubing, which tends to bend easily. The Currie kit is 1.25 inch SOLID tubing, much stronger for those big tires. The first time with the lift and everything and I bet my tie rod all up on some rocks. The guys a Currie say that the stock steering will brake if you try to bend it back, but the Currie steering can be re-bent a bunch of times. I'm even thinking of getting that AGR rock ram steering. Maybe someday! :-D [addsig]

Back