Chrysler messed up big time, huh?

johnny7point0

So they come out with a Tomb Raider edition Jeep and it doesnt even look like the Jeep in the movie!?! Whose going to want to buy it if it doesnt even resemble the one in the movie??? This seems like a marketing nightmare.

I thought it odd too Johnny. I need to get to see the movie. I know if I was that thrilled over the movie Jeep, I'd be annoyed to see something different on the lots if I was out buying.

Come on let's getreal here did you think the tome raider modle would be able to match hollywood. Let take a look at the many hollywood rides that folks wanted to match. General Lee the Dukes of hazard Charger! hehehehe How many Rednecks destoryed a good car by trying to be bo and luke! Take the James Bond cars or any number that people tryed to match in a stock ride. hehehehehe It is a good idea to make money not improve the ride. tug

If you want the movie Jeep...spend the 40 g's for the Tomb Raider Edition, and then another 20 for the after market mods.

Me personaly ? I'll stick with my Shahara and put the $$$ into useful and practical mods.

Rob 8) :p :)

The tomb raider jeep in the movie is jeep on 35's,with a snorkle and a warn winch.Now,when chrysler tries to make one,it has to be easy to produce.It would cost to much money to build and sell the real tomb raider jeep.If the one now is $40,000,the real rubicon willl be like $50,000. $50,000 jeeps,ahhhhh!That would be a nightmare.

Just put it this way I would buy a 50, 000 dollar jeep before I would buy the H2....:)

That jeeps got 35's on it, is a 4" skyjacker lift enough to have some 35's on it. Seems like it would have no clearance for em.

oh well, its got wheels that do fine on it now . . . my nice whole some 30 . . well maybe 28's. There good for the dirt, they do the same thing . . . arg. hehe

I like JP magazines take on the TR edition of the rubi. "It looks like it went through pep boys with a crap magnet attached" :lol:

And on the other hand there is no Chrysler.. Chrysler died in '98. Just remember when you see Daimler Chrysler that the Chrysler is silent :evil:

Back