Checking the effects of rain in the Jersey Pine Barrins.....

PASmokeater

After all the rain we've been having, I thought I'd take a ride to Jersey and check out some new trails there.

Bridge crossing
image-missing.png

I had to cross this..see me on the other side ?
image-missing.png

Low bridge
image-missing.png

Story for the next couple of pics..........these trails were new to us, and since I have the highest air intake, my buddies decided that it would be best to hook a strap onto my hitch, and throw me and the money pit into the puddles to see how deep they were.
Everything went fine, until I found a really deep spot, started to flaot, and lost all traction. Many thanks to Joe (and his Mazda) or else I'd probably still be out there.

Feeling out the water

image-missing.png

Going by the book...staying by the edge
image-missing.png

Found the deep spot
image-missing.png

Submitting to the strap, and being reeled in like a flounder
image-missing.png

Low bridge II
image-missing.png

It's not THAT deep........
image-missing.png

....then again, I have been wrong before
image-missing.png

Doin' the wave
image-missing.png

Impression of a paddlewheel river boat
image-missing.png

Rut ?
image-missing.png

Needs more mud, a little less water, and maybe a set of swimies
image-missing.png

Anyway, we had a blast. If anyone wants to go to the Pine Barrins of New Jersey, just drop me a note, and I'll try to set something up.

Here's some of my friends.

Graewulf and his Mazda

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here's some of my friend (Khaos Kid) and his XJ

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 02, 2003 - 04:12 PM[addsig]

Wow,that looks like fun.Great pics.I wish I was there. :wink: Sully[addsig]

That looks like great fun :-O Never had my Jeep in any water crossings, but always wanted to ;-) [addsig]

That looks like lots of fun. I may have to take you up on that offer sometime.

TARSI[addsig]

Looks like a lot of fun.....nice to see people with 4WD who are willing to get them a little dirty.[addsig]

Hey.. i know where that is! kewl! hey stumpy, want me to pull you out again? lol! seriously though, it was a blast.... finally got to use the frone receiver for what i bought it for....:)
[addsig]

The Pine Barrens are a lot of fun. This was me last year, and belive it or not, I was not stuck, but I had to back out though, cause I couldn't go forward anymore.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

How about some directions to the pine barrons? I would be taking the G.S. Parkway South?[addsig]

I live just on the border of the pinelands so if you get something together let me know. We're always in for a ride through the pines. :cool: [addsig]

rob - nice pics man! thanks for the invite! :) lol j/k...

i got the boot on my computer again at home, so now i'm at my GF's house using hers...

still no lift???............. call me up sometime...[addsig]

Yeah the parkway south works
lol
But you'll definatly want to go with someone else...the bogs and puddles have a way of swallowing vehicles whole !!!!!!!

They just closed the trails i normally go on (to many people dumping garbage and junk, can't argue with their logic there), so I'm scouting out some new ones.
If you want togo (after i find some good ones) Email me at PASmokeater@comcast.net and I'll be glad to keep you informed.

Also, keep in mind that I go to Paragon alot.....not to far from Philly area (about 2 hours) and would be able to get a group going up there....again, Email me if your interested
I have pics of both the pines and paragon, so ask and I'll send you a couple.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

If you go to the Atsion Ranger Station on 206, they have maps and can tell you what trails are open. If jerk-offs keep dumping their garbage in there, they will close down all the trails, so please, whatever you take with you, make sure it goes home with you for proper disposal.[addsig]

Back