catalytic convertor

inapinch

I have a 97 GCL that I am selling. Problem is the cat rattles like its full of gravel. I would like to eliminate this cheaply. (I'm broke) I would like to just gut the cat and send the GCL on its merry way but I am worried the o2 sensor is not gonna like that. I don't want the check engine to come on. Does anyone know if I can gut this thing and not set off any lights? We don't have emissions testing where I live either. Thanks for all feedback. I searched the forums before I posted this and didn't find any threads that would answer this, but did find some very knowledgable posts otherwise. Thanks again.
Josh :-? [addsig]

Take a hack Saw to the nearest junk yard and get yourself a cat. Cut the thing out with a foot or so pipe on each end the you can cut it to fit your jeep with a double flared splice at any parts store just clamp it up. If you are just going to sell it anyway that is the cheapest way I know. Good Luck Tug[addsig]

Make sure you are freinds with the junkyard guy. In some states they wont sell used cats![addsig]

Back