Carbs

tuscola4x4

What is the best carb for my 4.2 it keeps backfiring thru the carb and dyeing any ideas and does anyone have a carb for sale?

its up to you.

do you know how to work on carbs? if you don;t, no carb will be the best for you as they are all going to need some initial tuning. whats on your right now?

i had a weber and swapped to an old holley from a craigslist guy for 20 bucks

Ya I do I put a fuel regulator on and set it at 4 and it seems to be working great now it has a weber on it thanks

If money was not an issues, in order of what I would the most to the least;

EFI
Holley Truck avenger 470 w/ offenhouser 4bbl manifold
De-tuned Edelbrock 1406 with same manifold above.
Motor-craft MC2100
551 Weber

I would avoid a Carter carb, but that is simply my opinion, never had great luck with them.

Once you get ready to get that stock carb off there, I've got a weber 32/36 on mine, and it runs great. I took all the emissions crap off, but the only thing I don't like about it is that it's still a feedback carb. It's stuck at full rich because it's not getting all the data it wants from the extra sensors. If you can get a full mechanical carb, that would be better, but I have no starting/driveability issues whatsoever, just a rich exhaust.....

your 32/26 has connections for sensors? i ran that on my bmw and love them but mine were full mechanical. i had a 34/34 on this jeep when i got it and that is a junk carb.

if i was having carb trouble still, i would look at a weber 38 next but i have had zero issues with this old holley two barrel

i HAVE A 2.5L 150 cid 1984 need advice on getting a different carb that will start and idle off road and farm use i have a 1948 cj running great .

david roberson

a weber 32/36 is a great carb. not sure if thats good for what you need but lots of guys run that carb on engines from 4 bangers to big ol 6s

No we are pretty laid back here I have ordered a new weber and will see what that does I got it running but it dies on me going down the road like its running out of fuel but will restart after a minute or two and run for a whole then does the same thing. Kinda like the old cars we used to have that would vapor lock

No we are pretty laid back here I have ordered a new weber and will see what that does I got it running but it dies on me going down the road like its running out of fuel but will restart after a minute or two and run for a whole then does the same thing. Kinda like the old cars we used to have that would vapor lock
the short lines on the filter can pinch and shutoff the gas

I have complete Motorcraft 2150 conversions. I have built and sold over 11,000 to replace Carters, Webbers and even Howell/Holley TBI setups. I have over 3500 in stock. Let me know if you want more info.

We hell I just bought a new webber and put it on wished I would of known about it earlier thanks anyway

I am the Ebay guy. 11,000+ kits sold for the 258. I have 3500 cores in stock.

ebaycarb2-1.jpg

cool. i figured so since you had colorado springs for your home.

you have a super record with those carbs. i am glad you are part of our site.

Yup. Brand new to the site. I'm starting to go more direct w/ sales and straying away from EBay. I pay FeeBay over $1800/month in fees and it's getting old. What I have been doing is offering a better $$$ outside of Ebay and including a site donation of $5 for every carb kit sold through a BBS/forum. been working really well. I'm very active on the AMC Eagle's Nest site and a few others. I'd like to move a few through Jeepz so if anyone is interested, let me know. I don't have anything currently available for a 4cyl, but all 6 and 8 cyl's are good to go. Every kit I sell is custom built for its exact application/elevation. I also have the TFI distributor upgrades, HEI setups and a few other goodies. I'm open to bartering too....

Back