Can we make an 8 page post JUST about JEEPS?????

LadyJeepFreak

:lol: Well since this is Jeepz and were all about Jeeps, I'd like to see more Jeep conversations here myself. I get so tired of politics and news, and negativity, lets hear about JEEPS instead!

What's going on with yours this summer and how's life treating your jeep? Tell us here so we'll all be on one thread and lets see if we have it in us to make several pages of talk about the good stuff in life for a change.

I'm challenging everyone to see if we can do it!

Personally, I'm waiting on some backordered mirror movers, thinking about black wheels and line-X'ing my Jeep. It's treating me great although I haven't gotten in any offroading this summer. My local club is planning on a september trip to Paragon, I hope to tag onto that trip.

So, how bout it Jeepz?
Lady

I just put on a set of those mirror movers and i dont really like them u cant even see the passenger side mirror with the doors on but it is ok i guess after u get used to it.

I'm hoping I'll have enough for a weber for the wife's jeep if I get a mid year bonus (got one last year). Only problem is the price keeps going up on them! Collins bros had them for $299 back in the spring and now they're up around $350. Meantime I haven't driven my jeep in about 2 weeks becuase I'm never home due to work and when I am home I remember gas is $1.88/gal here and my honda gets much better gas milage.

Still looking for my dream Jeep "you know a $10,000.00 low mile barely used YJ for $2000.00" . But it all good cause I am working so much that I can not go wheeling anyway. tug

I see alot of us are working hard these days and not able to afford to offroad much. Man, that's sad in so many levels.

Lady

Jeepguy, your the second person who told me those mirror movers arent' great. I don't really mind the inconvienences to remove my doors, but can't anyone make a perfect product anymore? lol
Lady

I'm with you, Lady. That's kinda why I started my "Thank the man above" thread. I thought the title would throw some folks off, thinking it was another prayer answered or prayer request thread. Actually, it was...in a way. I've been praying for rain since I got my new tires, and He answered with almost 5"!!!

As for the mirror relocators, I'm looking at getting some, too. I had a chat with our police chief the other evening about mirrors. No, he didn't pull me over, I pulled him over!! I was running without my doors, and wanted to know the law. According to Kansas law, you have to have two mirrors, one on the windshield inside, and one on the driver's side outside, or both outside (driver and pass side) and none on the windshield. He's a cool cop, and we've worked together alot when I was a paramedic and on the city council. After our chat, I told him to keep his eyes closed till I got back home and put on my doors, he just laughed!

I've already asked Lady about this, so I'll throw it out to the crowd: What about the holes left in the door once you move the mirrors? How do you deal with that?

I just put some stainless steel socket head cap screws in the holes but if anybody has a better idea let me know

jeepguy46176 said:
I just put on a set of those mirror movers and i dont really like them u cant even see the passenger side mirror with the doors on but it is ok i guess after u get used to it.

Can you see the passenger side without the upper doors?

its not much about mirrors for me, but i say get the safari mirrors ya drop in the hinge holes after ya take off the door. great and cheap.

I've had a pretty much boring summer with work all day. vacation 9-13th going to attempt to do some construction in my basement to add a wall, we'll see how taht works out. I'm waiting on a back ordered skid row engine skid. and yeah, that sums up my summer. wake up, go to work, come home, eat, computer, tv and sleep. <-- average day.

LGR said:
its not much about mirrors for me, but i say get the safari mirrors ya drop in the hinge holes after ya take off the door. great and cheap.

I've had a pretty much boring summer with work all day. vacation 9-13th going to attempt to do some construction in my basement to add a wall, we'll see how taht works out. I'm waiting on a back ordered skid row engine skid. and yeah, that sums up my summer. wake up, go to work, come home, eat, computer, tv and sleep. <-- average day.

Got a link for the safari mirrors? I've been looking at those in 4wd Hardware magazine (not sure what brand), and don't like the looks of the ones they have. Also, I like mirrors on both sides, and the ones I've seen would be close to $100 for a set. Relocation brackets are only $27 a pair.

Do the mirror movers just relocate the mirror mount to the windshield like a CJ, instead of on the doors? Try to adjust the passenger mirror where you can see it through the windshield instead of looking through the passenger side window.

Junkpile said:
Do the mirror movers just relocate the mirror mount to the windshield like a CJ, instead of on the doors? Try to adjust the passenger mirror where you can see it through the windshield instead of looking through the passenger side window.

As far as I can tell, it moves them to the windshield hinge brackets. I think it's different on the YJ and TJ, though. One mounts on the front and one on the side, I think. I could be wrong....I was once before..... :lol:

insted of mounting the mirrors on the door portion hinge the mirror movers move them to mount on the body portion of the hinge.

i just read lady's post then had to hit reply before i read the rest of the posts so this might be a totally random comment but

today would be an awesome day to go to the pine barrens :D ... but instead i'm sitting here at my computer :(

the only jeep related item i've bought in the last 2 months or so was a toy jeep for $2.
as for the real jeep... no $$$ = no extra love for the jeep :cry:

Nice thread Lady.

As far as my jeep, unfortunately no wheeling yet, but maybe in august. My baby got a new soft top this summer (Bestop RAT w/ tinted windows, love it!!). I wanted to get the tub lined this summer, but i just dont know if its going to happen. Just cant afford the down time w/out the jeep. Im also thinking of making myself some homemade rocker guards. If anybody has any ideas on those, post them up for me. Bounty posted some pics of his a while back that i really liked.

Anyway, keep it coming folks

Nathan

My summer has been good. I have been fixing most things that were broken on my jeep or needed to be changed before rubicon. Just got did the rubicon last weekend. Broke a few things. Looking for a new tie rod, and a rebuild kit for my power steering box. It was a great trip and I cant wait for next year. Getting ready to do my TJ flare conversion on the CJ, I got my clocking ring for my t-case so I can do a belly up. Still havent made the flat skid or gotten the cv driveshaft. So I am stuck in front wheel drive for a few months.

As for the mirrors, I just swung the pass side mirror all the way towards the front and could see it fine through the windshield (with the relocation brackets). I probably have a pic somewhere... Try it it works great.
Back to the thread topic,

My YJ -
Still havent fixed the rear main seal and it is sitting, untagged. Started to paint it OD green, have the front clip done so far. Other than paint, engine work and lift/etc will have to wait until after the move to PA and maybe even after the baby :)

XJ - It runs like a champ, finally has good working A/C, and is getting far less miles on it now that I'm out of Washington D.C.

Just bought a bunch of stuff to lift it ( http://www.jeepz.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=324124 )

It should have 3.5"-4" of lift when I'm done, not sure how I'm going to configure it yet. As for tires, I dunno that yet either. This will get done ASAP, like my next 2 days in a row off work (yes I know it can be done in a day) 'cause if I don't do it soon, it will have to wait also, and if I don't get a wheelin' trip in soon I'm going to explode.

Hey how 'bout we post a pic of our Jeep (s) too? Or should that be a separate thread?

Good call Lady!

Back