bunny slopes

Noli

Okay, so after two years of owning a jeep, I went offroading last night. Better late than never! My friend and I just decided at nine o'clock that we needed to try out this trail we'd been hearing about. It's an awesome trail, lots of rocks to climb, mud puddles. When I got there, a guy in a really nice grand cherokee was getting ready to go in, and I guess seeing a wrangler waved me past. Bad idea...I got halfway into the trail, and saw what looked in my panicky mind like a lake. I decided to try and turn around like a big loser. The guy waited on me forever on the side of the road, but I just could not get turned around. I was too scared to go through this "lake". Finally, I pull over and waved him past. He goes past me, right into the water...it was like five inches deep, then proceeds to climb a muddy hillside that I thought no care could make it up ever. It was amazing, I was stunned...but still too shook up to continue. Maybe I'll try the whole trail next time. So, two things happened: first time offroading, new found respect grand cherokees. (oh, and some guy is out there wondering what in the WORLD I'm doing driving a jeep!)
Had to edit...I have a potty mouth...really was'nt born in a barn

edited by: Noli, Apr 14, 2003 - 04:22 PM[addsig]

You just have to trust your jeep. and don't be skerd of a little mud. [addsig]

Although be careful. A friend of mine followed me (TJ) through a mud puddle with his Chevy Nova (dont ask) and water logged his engine. If your not comfortable dont do it. But also be aware of what your driving. Even stock wranglers can tackle alot of stuff most other trucks shouldnt attempt.[addsig]

A Nova, huh? Well, at least he was braver than I am. I know my jeep has the stuff to do what it needs to, but I'm new to off-roading, and I felt like I was going to tip over, and I was basically afraid to use the gas pedal. I had it in four wheel even on dry ground, and kept killing it...Like five times in a row. I have not done that since the day I learned to drive a stick. Oh well! gotta start somewhere.[addsig]

you might want to try to locate a jeep club in your area. the best way to learn is by doing but that does'nt mean you have to do it alone. if you have trouble finding a club, mabye your local jeep dealer can tell ya where to look. if nothing else, just look for a couple of muddy jeeps and ask to go along![addsig]

Back