Bulletproof Bumpers

ndnatty

has anyone done business with these folks?? Before I tell ya my experience I thought I would see what, if any, experiences you might have had with them. Hate to bad mouth them if it's just a one time occurance.

A member of My club has front and real bullet proof bumpers, he seams happy with them.

A friend of mine installed his bulletproof rear bumper about 3 years ago. They didn't send him any frame brackets at first so when he installed it on his 97 TJ with the tire carrier and trail rack, it started to bend away from the body. I believe that he called them up and they sent him frame brackets at no charge after that. With that being said, the tire carrier and trail rack still seem to be too heavy for the tire carrier joint. It sags down when opened and has to be lifted up to be set back onto the bumper. Overall, the bumper is tough and has a lifetime warranty, but there is the sagging. Also, this is a model of bumper/tire carrier that is three years old, maybe they have improved their design since then. I personally have a Durango 4x4 rear bumper and love it!

I've a;ways heard good things about their bumpers, that's why I decided to drop $1600 fpr front and rear bumpers with a swing out tire carrier. Problem is their delivery time and customer service. Ordered the week before thanksgiving because the guy said I would get them before Christmas. They took their money 3 days after me placing my order. Called on the 20th of Dec, the ship date given, and said they wouldn't ship until the next week, got back from xmas vacation, no bumpers, called and they said they would ship on the 29th, called and got a tracking number on the 30th. Great i thought! NOPE!! The shipment comes in on the 7th and it was just the swingout tire carrier!!! Called back and they said the front bumper is just now being taking off the truck into their facitilty, and they didn't know when they would get the rear bumper!!!! At no time did they appologize or explain why there was a hold up or why I was just shipped the swingout! So I had to cancel the order with them, and told them their customer service needs a vast improvement! Then wrote the owner, but as of today no response. ANd they still have all my money! SOrry to rant and rave, that just pissed me off to no end!

ignition switch lock

Check around with your local high school welding shop classes. There is a great chance that you will be able to get anything you want built for the cost of the supplys and materials alone. High School Classes are a great source of free labor and they are always looking for a quality project to build. Just a though before you go and drop a major chunk of change on a projet that you can have built cheap.

also a great place to get minor auto body and or engin repairs done. We even have a green house at our local HS where we buy fresh hydrophonic veggies all winter, like 10x better than the store bought ones and the same price. The kids love to build or fix something that they will see on the roaqd later and be able to say hey look I built them bumpers. Do not forget to buy em some pizzas after the project is done. Tug

Back