Brakes.

Itchee96

My brakes are squeeling really bad. I have taken them completely apart, cleaned and lubed them, and it hasnt fixed the problem. There is nothing worn, and no rocks caught between the pads and rotors. It only does it when I am slowing down and just a little pressure on the pedal. WTH?:? 06 TJ, 4.0, 6 speed with 31's

My brakes are squeeling really bad. I have taken them completely apart, cleaned and lubed them, and it hasnt fixed the problem. There is nothing worn, and no rocks caught between the pads and rotors. It only does it when I am slowing down and just a little pressure on the pedal. WTH?:? 06 TJ, 4.0, 6 speed with 31's

it's a long shot, but it could just be the brake pads. Even if it's a newer Jeep, could have just been a batch of crappy pads maybe?? :?|

Ive checked them, and they look fine. Ive done everything but change the pads, which is where I think Im headed.

like i posted in another thread... the squeal is usually caused by very high freq. vibration b/w the pads/rotors or pads/calipers - put silencer "lube" on the back of the pads b/w them and the cal. piston and see if that helps - if you want to know for sure its the pads - wet them (hose to rotor/pad) and see if that stops it - they usually squeal most when really dry... just a thought - g/luck!

Back