Brakes

Natty

Nah - I'm not reffering to the old Curtis Blow song, but to the bleeding brakes on my Jeep. Actually, it appears to be coming from the connection between the factory brake lines and the extended stainless lines which were added due to the lift. I noticed this problem while down in the Florida Keys and while almost slamming into another Jeep...that would have sucked. Off the topic...for anyone close enough to make that trip...do it...it's awesome down there. Lucky for me it's only about 6 1/2 hrs. away. So, what everybody who is reading this is expecting to hear...the question. Is it typical for the lines to leak at the connection (they've been tightened and retightened, yet the condition continues to reappear)? Is the only sure fire way to solve it is to purchase new one piece brake line(s)? Anyone else have that prob.? And - no - there aren't really many trails in the Keys...but it's rich in history, beauty, bars, beautiful women, bars, more women, and more bars. Good clean fun. Anyway - any info is always appreciated. Thanks - Matt.[addsig]

I've heard some people say that they leak at the extensions. Several people told me to buy a whole new line when I do my lift. I don't remember brake lines being that expensive or hard to do. Just be precise in your measurement![addsig]

Thanks for the response. Not that I wish any problems on anyone but it's refreshing to know that this is not some freak incident. Which measurements should be precise? Length, width? (go ahead and insert favorite joke here) How will the measurements affect performance? (round two with the knee slappers)
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back