Boyd Coddington is a loser!

90Xjay

I don't know if you guys know of him but he is a pretty big shot in the world of custom cars and hot rods. He has a show about his business on Discovery Channel called American Hot Rod.

I think he is a big jerk who demands 100% loyalty from his overworked underpaid staff and fires anyone who will not fit in. No matter how much they have sacrificed for his sucess. He just fired a guy named Mike Curtis last month for doing some design work for Chip Foose on his own time for motorcycle wheels (Coddington has only ever built one custom bike) so there is really not a conflict of interest IMO.

He fired Curtis for not "being honest and upfront with him"

Well guess what I found out about Coddinton? He just got busted in a vehicle title fraud scheme and pled guilty, paid a fine and has to do commuinity service!

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102182

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/7oys/051005_7oys_title_fraud_folo.html

He is the one who is dishonest and a lying cheat and crook!!

Boyd Coddington is a hypocrite and I hope his cars bomb out at Barrett Jackson this year when people find out out . :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Only seen the show once, and he seemed like a real a-hole to me.

RE: Pop

We use his wheels on many of our vehicles we build, and will continue to do so. How people act on a TV show is not how they always are in real life.

I'll also say that MANY people do stuff like that all the time, which obviously does not make it right...but certainly does not make them a-holes, losers, or any other immature names you can come up with.

RE:

Boyd sucks, and Chip Foose sucks too. I'm glad they want to cut each others throats.

I'm in a different category of car enthusiast than those guys. Their talent totally eclipses anything I could do, but they still suck big fat hairy horse balls. They don't build hotrods, they build art using hotrods as the canvas. In the process, they completely lose the spirit of what a hotrod is all about.

I like both of them. Top-drawer individuals. Perhaps "Sainthood" doesn't properly describe the greatness that is Chip and Boyd. Wonderful human beings I say...just wonderful.

Re: RE: Never too tough for MOM!!

I'll also say that MANY people do stuff like that all the time, which obviously does not make it right...but certainly does not make them a-holes, losers, or any other immature names you can come up with.

Yeah, I called him a jerk, that is my opinion and my right.
But I also said he was a lying, cheating, crook and a hypocrite.

He pled guilty to the fraud charges in Federal Court, he lied, cheated, on those vehicle titles and that pretty much makes my case on what I called him.

90Xjay said:

Yeah, I called him a jerk, that is my opinion and my right.
But I also said he was a lying, cheating, crook and a hypocrite.

He pled guilty to the fraud charges in Federal Court, he lied, cheated, on those vehicle titles and that pretty much makes my case on what I called him.

Yeah, I was the "immature" old man that said he seemed like an a-hole.......really was my bad.......after all it is a TV show and we all know (I hope) how close that is to reality.....and I've only seen it once...............but his actions just reminded me of a few a-holes that I have to deal with.

RE: 4.0 Throttle Body

Never heard of any of them. I don't watch much TV though, except of course for the O's and the Ravens or to watch the news when something big is going on. Sure I'll watch it, but usually when I'm bored or too tired for anything else and that doesn't happen very often.

Junkpile said:
Boyd sucks, and Chip Foose sucks too. I'm in a different category of car enthusiast than those guys. Their talent totally eclipses anything I could do, but they still suck big fat hairy horse balls. They don't build hotrods, they build art using hotrods as the canvas. In the process, they completely lose the spirit of what a hotrod is all about.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

I don't agree with the way Boyd conducts his business, but I'm not on a television show selling nice hot rods, making millions of dollars. I think Boyd just wears his feelings on his shirt, and when he found out Chip was working/thinking about working another job, it hurt him, and he didn't know how to deal with it any other way. And when he found out about Michael, he didn't want to have to go through all that again. There is probably more to it, that the producers let you see.

And besides, it's good television, who cares !?!

Boyd might or might not be a bad-boy.

Regardless, I suspect that most of the interpersonal shenanigans on his show, the Orange County Choppers show and others of the genre are contrived entirely for dramatic ends.

The "how-will-we-ever-meet-the-impossible-to-meet-deadline" (which deadline is always met) is another example of contrived drama.

Regards,

Deus Ex Mechanic, Gadget :wink:

White said:
Chip Restores cars for free on Overhauled :)

Yes but you have to live in So-Cal

Coddington for all I care can jump off a bridge, his show sucks and so do his car designs. Like 10 years ago he was inovative, now he ust seams repetitive, Kinda like the OCC guys, same thing, different color, every week

Inspector-Gadget said:
Boyd might or might not be a bad-boy.

Regardless, I suspect that most of the interpersonal shenanigans on his show, the Orange County Choppers show and others of the genre are contrived entirely for dramatic ends.

The "how-will-we-ever-meet-the-impossible-to-meet-deadline" (which deadline is always met) is another example of contrived drama.

Regards,

Deus Ex Mechanic, Gadget :wink:

Exactly.....soap operas for men.

My comments about those two have nothing to do with their shows.

Well, I see your points on the dramatic aspect of the show, but show or not, Coddington did commit fraud and then expects his employee to be more honest with him than he is himself.

Now for the show, I don't see how it has helped his image for sure as a person.

RE: Re: How to use the "SEARCH" feature

just thought id through this in here. dont know if you know it or not bum im going to say it anyway. Chip Foose used to work for Codington. just thought id toss that in for the info factor.

RE: not in 4 wheel

Jeepless20 wrote
just thought id through this in here. dont know if you know it or not bum im going to say it anyway. Chip Foose used to work for Codington. just thought id toss that in for the info factor

Oh yeah, they have a bitter history between them for sure.

Back