Big stalling problem

RCJP

Hi my jeep is a ZJ 1998 grand cherokee laredo 4x4 I6 4.0L engine

I have had this problem for long time now, found treads here and in other forums about similar problems and there fixes but they have not worked on mine the last one i did is I took it to a shop the said it was the PCM but it is only 2 years old I got from a dealer..

symptoms

I turn it on leave it Idling and after about 10 mins it turns off.

while driving the RPM goes to 0 in then it turns back on wiht i big kick if i dont let go of the gas. i f i let go whern the RPMs are at 0 it will shut off..

i have to wait a minute or two before it turns on again. if i try to turn it on as soon as it shuts off it wont turn.

after checking the codes i have gotten a couple from 351 (coil primary circuit), evap leak and others I attended thos codes
but a new coil, cleaned a lot of the connectors for various sensors.. and still the problems remains this last sumer the problem seemed to go away after routing some of the cables but now that the weather is cold 48~55 ºF it started again

any help will be appriciated THANK YOU

sounds like a problem I had. turned out,the cat was all busted up and kept clogging the exhaust. a piece would get sucked into the tailpipe,the engine would shut off and wouldn't start until that piece fell out.

Ok....this is my go to answer for problems like this. Check your grounds, ALL OF THEM. On the firewall, the block, the frame, the battery, the fenders, grill, ALL OF THEM. Intermittent (sp?) problems like that are normally grounds. Computers and today's modern sensors need a good clean ground reference, a zero point, that all calibrations are set to. Check into it, it cost nothing but your time. When you clean them >> CLEAN THEM, I'm talking bare metal to bare metal. Then, put a little anti-corrosion compound on them as you do it.

X2 with Bobcat, check the ignition circuits as well when it occurs. make sure that the 12v supply is good after it shuts down. If not follow this circuit to isolate the fault. IMO, the symptom sounds like an electrical connection or component that's getting hot and shutting down.

Back