BFG All Terrain T/A KO - Black out or White out?

Spatula

RE: Vegas Bachelor Party aftermath prank (work safe)

Ok, so I know this is going to come down mostly to personal preferance, but I'm curious what everyone thinks and/or how you've got your tires installed.

I'm about to purchase a tire/wheel package; 35x12.50r15 tires on 15x10 wheels. As stated in the title, the tires are BFG All Terratin T/As. Those of you that have these tires know they come with raised white lettering.

On to the question: Have the tires mounted with the white lettering on the outside (visible) or inside (hidden)? Before anyone thinks they are smart and start babling on about "These tires are radials and can only be mounted 1 direction..." thats not true, you can mount them either way, maintaing proper direction rotation of the radial tire. They just need to be mounted properly.

So, black out? or white out?

Re: "Sandwhich" or "Sammich&a

I used to be a fan of solid colors on everything. But now for some reason I like the look of the white's out.

I've always liked the look of the white's out......just personal preference, I guess (just had mine installed that way). Although I do like the look of the black-side out coupled with black rims........pretty mean lookin'! Maybe when I get new rims........................................

what color are your wheels? If they are black, I would have the white letters hidden.

Besides that, I could go either way. If it was me, I'd be switching them around everyonce in a while just for something different.

RE: Its getting warm and my jeep is getting hot

Shoulda mentioned that, the wheels will be black as well. Rock Crawler Series 97 Monster Mod.

image-missing.png

mingez said:
Here's a jeep with black rims but white walls out. I think it's a good look.

http://www.jeepz.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/122/sort/2/cat/500/page/1

That one just doesn't do it for me....with the "bolts" around the edge and the white letters, it's just too "busy".

I've always liked the look of "blackouts" on any truck or Jeep, especially on mine since it's all black and white:

NewWheels-1.jpg

On a car, white letters look good. Problem with running white letters out on a Jeep is the letters will get all rubbed off and boogered up if you do any wheeling at all, and then they'll look like caca.

I was wondering if you were going to post a pic, Sparky. Yeah!!!! I like that look.....wondering what it'll look like on my black TJ? Soon......soon.........................

Black. White letters look like crap imho, but they especially look bad after a few good rubs against the rocks.

RE: Stuck line truck

well, before we start babbling, maybe you should tell us what you drive and what color it is. its quite a general opinion you're looking for as this could be for any vehicle.

Well, Spatula, it basically comes down to YOUR personal preference! Just be sure to post pics when you decide.

HELP!!! Need opinions from all Jeepz folks...

I'll make sure to post some pics when I get everything taken care of.

It's a TJ, Steel Blue, Black hard top.

I didn't think about what would happen to the lettering after a few good rumbles with some rocks. Think I'll go black out. Thanks for the opinions and pics everyone.

Glad we could be of assistance. I think with a Steel Blue Jeep, black out would look pretty good, anyway. I love that Steel Blue!!!

RE: If you promise not to tell....

black out!

image-missing.png

Gives it that bad a$$ military look!

hide the white
haha.. people tell you that you can't mount them that way? thats ridiculous. If you have white letters in on your driver side, its going to rotate in the same direction it would as if were white letters out on the passenger side

I'd go white out on that color jeep... would look better.. then again depends ont he lettering style/size too

Snitty said:
hide the white
haha.. people tell you that you can't mount them that way? thats ridiculous. If you have white letters in on your driver side, its going to rotate in the same direction it would as if were white letters out on the passenger side

Yeah, ain't that a hoot? :lol: I've heard folks say that before, and just had to laugh. Now, some tires are directional for tread purposes, as you probably know, but they are few and far between. Directional for the steel belts is pretty much a crock of hooey.

Rgardless of the purpose for a tire being directional... Never heard of a tire being directional for the belts before, you can maintain directional rotation of a tire while mounting either white out or black out. Just like Snitty wrote. White out on left side of vehicle, is same rotation as black out on right side of vehicle. Think about it.

Back