Best TJ suspension?

Shaun

Well I just ordered my 2001 Wrangler TJ and I can't wait! I am curious as to what the best lift is for it in the 2" to 3" range. I am going to run 31's and I want a good ride on the pavement.(everyday driver) What are your thoughts?
image-missing.png

I think you should be able to run 31s without any lift.

Ya, thats true but I would like to get it up just a little and get a little more travel out of it
image-missing.png

I put 31 x 10 1/2 on my 2001 TJ immediately after I bought it. No problem with clearance, but I'm only on the street. I'd like to do a 2" lift for looks only and also would like to run 32's the next time around. I hear body lifts are not the way to go. Suspension lifts are to spendy for street driving. Maybe coil spring spacers? Let me know what you think.

Well I want to run 33x10.5's so I think I may go with the TeraFlex 3". It sounds like a good kit from what I have heard. And it should be plenty for the tires I'm going to run. Honestly, I have considered going with 31's in which case I would just leave the thing stock and enjoy it.......and I still may do that. Thinking about this makes me feel like, well this should explain......
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

------------------
SHAUN
image-missing.png

[This message has been edited by Shaun (edited March 27, 2001).]

I think in general the best way to lift your truck without changing the way it rides on the road is a body lift. You'll get lots of opinions on this subject though.

Personally I think that a body lift shouldn't be above 2", however there are tons of people running 3" lifts (I don't think that anyone makes a body lift over 3"). I run a 1" lift from MORE offroad, and am very happy with it.

- Oh yeah, We're here Shaun, just trying to recover from Friday night
image-missing.png

Terry

------------------
'85 CJ-7 - 33s, total of 4.5" lift, TFI ignition, plus more. Click here to see it

Friday night.......
image-missing.png

Whats so special about Friday night?
No I don't have a life!
image-missing.png

------------------
SHAUN
image-missing.png

Shaun,my personal prefference on lifts are definitely a trailmaster 2" for an inexpensive lift..I have a Teraflex 3" on my jeep and like it very well but a trailmaster 2" is a whole lot cheaper and unnless you are doing alot of off roading it is the way to go for a small lift....A 1" or 2" body lift along with that if you want it to look rad......

Back