Back window zippers are all messed, need help!

ZBTstang

My back window is stuck only partly on, and will not come off! I canott get it to move eitherway!!! One of the zippers came off the track and opened up to about halfway. Now the other zipper still on track could only zip to where the rest of it opened up. I couldnt get the zipper offtrack back on, and I couldnt get the zipper on the track to come off. So now the zipper is all the way oppened with the zipper on track unable to move, and its just kinda hanging there like that, unable to be zipped up and unable to be removed...help![addsig]

Welcome to the life with Mopar. Jeep wouldn't do anything for me on mine. Ended up getting a new top. you can strong arm it to get it apart though.

[addsig]

Try using needle-nose pliers to bend things back into shape, and a little soap or wax on the zipper to smooth things up. Thus is the life of the Jeeper :-O :lol: [addsig]

Yes yes yes.....They have you on the right
track if you need anymore help let us
know and also how it goes............. :-D :-D [addsig]

was also told dry graphite works good as well to lube the zipper.
Personaly I use silicone from the dive shop seals and lubes. (note comes in a hard stick form and used on dry suit zippers.)[addsig]

Well I finally figured it out. I had already tried all the kind advice you folks had given me, but to no avail. I could only work the zipper back so much and it just wouldnt budge anymore.... So needles to say my solution involved an exacto knife :lol: I did minor damage to the zipper on the back window, now it just wont zipper 100%, which I can deal with since I couldnt get it on or off previously.[addsig]

Back