back spacing question

AAWWWWWW DANNO

My buddy Chris runs 3.75" of backspacing on thos rims with that size. Awesome stance.

dick_wilderness said:
^^^^^^Those rims^^^^^?

Did he use spacers?

I couldn't fit 33x12.5's on those rims. I tried.

Sorry, I meant 15x8 wheels. Not the specific ones you have in your sig pic.

15x8, with 3.75" of back spacing, he fit 33x12.50's. 12.5" wide tires WILL fit on 15x8" wheels.

that's something i'm forgetting here... on my soa... i'll be installing some 33x12.5... but i have stockers on there... i may have to get me some other rims

Factory backspacing is 5.25". Most lift kits recommend 3.5" BS for 33's on TJ's and YJ's. That would definately have the tires sticking out past the stock flares. I think it is a bit much personally, and wouldn't go with less than 4" backspacing.

dick_wilderness said:
^^^^^^Those rims^^^^^?

Did he use spacers?

I run a factory sized rim, and fit 33's no problem! I get a little rubbing lock to lock, but I have lived with it thus far!

Just don't go out and get wide ass wheels, look great but when you replace the axle seals once a month, then you'll be kicking yourself.

i got 33X12.5 and they're on a 15X10 wheel.

wide tires will also give a similar effect that you get from wide wheels... the weight of the mass is still protruded outward away from the hub, putting leverage on it

jps4jeep said:
dick_wilderness said:
^^^^^^Those rims^^^^^?

Did he use spacers?

I run a factory sized rim, and fit 33's no problem! I get a little rubbing lock to lock, but I have lived with it thus far!

Just don't go out and get wide ass wheels, look great but when you replace the axle seals once a month, then you'll be kicking yourself.

I worded that bad.....
They fit on rims. Inside of the rear tires rubbed on the frame or spring, I forget which one.
Sorry about the wrong wording.

33x10.50x15 and 33x9.50x15 will fit on a factory wheel. Super Swamper and BF Goodrich are the only ones I know of in those sizes. the 12.50 is a bit wide. You can fit it on a 15x7 wheel, but will have uneven tire wear.

yeah.. the center will wear much faster than the outter... and you might have to run a lot lower tire pressure to keep it somewhat even

dick_wilderness said:
jps4jeep said:
dick_wilderness said:
^^^^^^Those rims^^^^^?

Did he use spacers?

I worded that bad.....
They fit on rims. Inside of the rear tires rubbed on the frame or spring, I forget which one.
Sorry about the wrong wording.
I think th erubbing is on the coil buckets but hey I have a YJ what do I know :lol:

LGR said:
i got 33X12.5 and they're on a 15X10 wheel.
what is your back space?

How far do the tires stick out beyond the body?

I remember look at your rig in PAP, but I don't think your tires stick out too drastic.

Just found out what backspacing is. Its the distance from the back of the lugs on the rims to the very inside edge of the rim. Ie; the smaller the backspacing the more the tire will stick out from the flares(I thought it was vice versa).

PS. Anyone wheel the cragar 15x8 wagon wheels with 33x 12.5's on a TJ?

Back