awww mann!! Got an oil leak....

4wheelNeal

Well, I had an awesome time wheelin in the desert last weekend,
only to discover that my ZJ is now losing vital fluid!!!!
Need to figure out where it's coming from.........
curious.... who else has a leaking jeep????
Neal

my jeep leaked... out the valve cover, rear main seal, oil pan, diff's, transmission, coolant bottle....

LOL

good luck, could be anywhere!

Like military aircraft, if it stops leakin, get out quick :shock:

they all leak, especially as the mileage goes up.. is it a fast leak or did you just happen to check it and notice it was low?

Not too fast of a leak---half dollar size spot on the pavement in the a.m.
not bad yet-- have to see where it's coming from though.
Thanks for the laughs!!!
Neal

if its less than 1qt every 1000 miles i wouldn't even worry about it.. will cost more to fix than the oil you'll leak.

Ive had a serious leak on my jeep for about a month.I fell off a rock onto the front driveshaft,then jacked it up and pushed it off onto the oil pan.There was no hole in the oil pan,but it was leakin' 1 quart every 100 miles or so.I tightened up the oil pan bolts,but that only slowed it down.Then last weekend,the jeep was flexing alot and right at the end of the trail when I stopped,it was leaking like crazy again.Now I have the oil pan off,and am changing the main seal.I will tell you how it works out.

I go thru a quart of oil every tank of gas, switched to 15/50 diesel oil, seemes to help a bit, and considering i paid a whole $600 for my 86 cherokee with 140000 miles on it, i aint about to put too much into fixing a little oil leak

WOW Tommy-- that's a lot of oil consumption!!!
ok-- now I don't feel so bad about my small oil leak. :lol:

I've heard running the 15W diesel oil is really bad on a gas engine, too high a detergant level or something. Anybody else hear this or know more specifics?

i think i fixed my oil leak problem, seems it was leaking out of the oil press. sending unit. I discovered this about 11 pm last night while working on fixing my 4wd vacuum problem. Too late at night to get another one, so i just put a plug in where the sending unit goes. Got a mechanical oil press guage today, so will put it in the first chance i get

Back