Another pretty cool Zuki.

mingez

Replacing the door handle

image-missing.png

I've always had an affinity for the Samarais underpowered as they are. This is a nice one.

I like that a lot. I too have always had a thing for the little ba#$%^#@... They annoy me when I see em squeezing through boulders untouched. But they are so small inside. I think they make the perfect trail only vehicle. He does need to ditch the side tubes and get a spare that actually comes close to the size of his swampers....

curious about a parts function

Surely the stock motor won't turn those tires?!?!? I agree...that spare is worthless! After I got my new 31's, I threw down the $$ for a 5th, so that I'd have a spare the same size. I figure no matter where I am, I don't want to have to drive any distance with one 31" and one 27" tire on an axle. Yeah, I still had the stock spare on my YJ, brand new, never on the ground, still had factory "nubbies" on it.

I just sold a sammi not to long ago. It was great on the trail but really sucked on the street. I had the carbed 1.3, and it was completely under powered to even run 30's. Now if I would have kept it, and swapped a 4.3 (they make a kit for that) I would have never bought another jeep. those things are very cheap to buy too, and make a very effective best bang for the buck trail vehicle.

Is it just me or does it look like he is running different size tires front and rear?

Now that you mention it, those front tires do look a little bigger....could just be the angle, though....

yea if you've got new tires theres no reason to even keep the factory spare. its pretty much worthless

Up to maybe 33s, I'll take a factory spare over no spare at all.

I like the other Zuk that you posted better. I'm not a fan of Samurais. I'll give them the credit they deserve, they are decent little fourwheelers, I just don't care for them. I have always kind of thought it would be cool to have one on 38s with a V6, but I'd never do it.

Back