Another day in the hood

Dunno. Nothin on the news, just a chopper flying around with the name of the kid on the PA sys.

The chopper is gone, hopefully the child has been found and is fine.

Another noise question about my YJ, clutch pedal this time

I hope they found the child, nothing is as precious.

similar thing happened here a few days ago. A few students here at Western Carolina University went swimming in the river a few days after hurricane Frances and the current was too much. They found one of the bodies yesterday but the other two are still missing.

Well considering everything quieted down suddenly and there was nothing on the news, everything must have turned out okay.

While my bride was grocery shopping in a mega-giga-supermarket, Sheriff’s Deputies swarmed the supermarket and put the store into lock-down.

After securing the supermarket, the deputies and employees began to search for a missing toddler.

Shortly after the search began, the child was found sleeping peacefully on the lower shelf of a table in the produce section.

This event ended well, except for one very embarrassed young Mother, whose face was reportedly redder than the vine-ripened tomatoes!!!!! :oops:

Distracted young Mothers! :)

Kids! :)

A combination which is always good for the amusement of bystanders. :D

[Chuckle]

Gadget

Gadget, that's impressive. If that happened around here.....I can picture the police standing around in the parking lot for a couple of hours and then leaving, the little girls neighbors showing up on the news explaining how they can't believe "all of this", and then the clean-up crew finding her in the candy isle at some point during the night........after they called the news and waited ten minutes, they would PROBABLY call the police who would then turn the little girl over to social services and arrest the mother.

Junkpile said:
Gadget, that's impressive. If that happened around here.....I can picture the police standing around in the parking lot for a couple of hours and then leaving, the little girls neighbors showing up on the news explaining how they can't believe "all of this", and then the clean-up crew finding her in the candy isle at some point during the night........after they called the news and waited ten minutes, they would PROBABLY call the police who would then turn the little girl over to social services and arrest the mother.

Sad.. but oh so true!

A woman I know went to the grocery store with her 12 (yes 12) kids and accidently left one at the store. She got halfway home and realized her mistake. She rushed back to the store to find the police and store manager sitting with her daughter. She didn't get arrested but she did go through 18 months of hell with social workers, being evaluated, etc. One of the social workers from the state actually yelled at her during a discussion stating she was "socially irresponsible" for having so many children and then recommedned birth control to her and her husband. Keep in mind these folks have a nice home and are in no way shape or form supported by anyone but themselves. After a complaint to the state (through her lawyer) that lady was removed from the case.

Nice huh?

Back