am i getting scammed

gwhitey

this will be my first post here, im a noob with jeeps but ive been taught wats good and bad. ive been looking at a jeep on craigslist and its a 2001 jeep sahara 6 cyl and it has 70xxx. and its only put on there for 2900!!! i couldnt believe my eyes but im pretty sure im getting scammed.
heres the email i was sent.

This 2001 Jeep Wrangler SAHARA Edition, runs and drives excellent. It has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. It comes with both hard top and complete soft top!This is Jeep's legendary 4.0 straight 6 Series with only 76,325 miles! Transmission is manual and shifts smoothly and the 4x4 operates perfectly.The interior is all original. The car has all of its original floor mats, all books, complete set of tools and keys. Everything works in the car lights, gauges, radio, seats, windows, locks, a/c blows ice cold, etc... It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of encumbrances and liens.I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in United Kingdom and the car is still there in US.

I have dropped my price to $2,900 usd (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before July 21st, when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your: Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with Yahoo Autos.They will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 7 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

can you guys help me cause i cant pass on this deal if its true

Yes you are.
Typical scam that is on craigslist. Remember if it sounds to good to be true it is.

Anything being said about "need to sale asap because of being shipped off" is a scam. I know if i was being shipped off i wouldn't sell my Jeep, it would give me something to look forward to when i got back haha.

They want to get your bank account number(s) or a fast down payment by making it clear that you need to hurry because of their time crunch. Then they will vanish!

Larry

sounds legit

a legit scam that is. NEVER send your information to anyone. I use a disposable cell that I turn on and off to buy sell stuff, also I always let people know that I am local when I reply to a posting.

the usd part should have given you the hint

well im a noob to buying cars and all too. the first time i sat in a jeep i fell in love and im planning on getting a jeep for my first car.

It is easy to fall in love with them. Just remember that it's not a car, it's a Jeep! :D

Good luck finding the right one and post up some pics when you find one.

so I take it your a youngster best advise I can give you is have your dad with you during any transactions that way you most likely wont get taken to the cleaners good luck finding your first jeep and remember this
IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT MOST LIKELY ISN'T

so I take it your a youngster best advise I can give you is have your dad with you during any transactions that way you most likely wont get taken to the cleaners good luck finding your first jeep and remember this
IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT MOST LIKELY ISN'T

yea i have a friend who has been an owner of a jeep for a while and hes been helpin me find one.

Back