All-terrain vs. Mud terrain?

OK....if you're on a budget......or a cheap-arse like I am.

Just bought a set of "Definity Dakota MT's" from Pepboys......buy 3, get one free (after rebate...which includes buying valve stems, road hazard, mounting and balancing at their place). Anyway, pretty decent looking tread, comes with a 40K warranty (for what that's worth...:roll:).....$117 each. I did a lot of research before I bought them......probably not for hard core wheelin', but I've got a stock 4banger that is my only vehicle, so I thought I'd give them a shot. The set they replaced I bought off eBay.....Trailcutter MT's........GREAT tire, got 70K out of them, great on wet pavement, not very loud, cleaned well................. I was wanting to buy another set, but couldn't find them locally. Found them online for $135 each plus $25 each +or- shipping, then you've got the mounting, balancing, other fees....etc.:shock:

Anyway.............Pepboys might be worth a shot unless you're considering SERIOUS wheeling. Very aggresive looking tread, but I haven't really tested them yet. Kinda depends on what you really want to do..............

New tires, no matter what brand, style, type, width, height...........will solve a severe case of the death wobble if that is the cause (which I suspected). Trust me!!!!!

Check out Definity's !! I never heard of them before.....made by Cooper Tires. I'll keep everyone posted on how they perform. So far, so good.

Well I prefer the mt's over the at's. I have owned bfg mt's and toyo mt's and I prefer the toyo's over the bfg's. I have gotten more miles out of the toyo's. The bfg's on the other hand have a softer tread and sidewall which makes the tire wear out quickly.

I'll tell you what never use Goodyear Wrangler RT/S Tires. I did a trade with my brother-in-law for some new Yokohama AT 31.10 Tires, and I'll never use another again. These are some seriously solid tires on any road condition.

Back