airing down

Gspotracing

Does anyone know how low you can go on tire pressure for 33/12.5/15, and not debead the tire? The lowest i've gone is about 20 psi. This would be for rock crawling. :evil: [addsig]

Heck just the other day i aired mine down to something like 15-18 and was driving on them for a week and they didn't debead.[addsig]

I use 18 offroad, but wouldn't go below 12psi. It all depends on terrain, driving skill, and rim type.[addsig]

I usually air down to 15 psi and haven't had a problem yet although the sidewalls look a little close to the ground. Some of the guys I go 4-wheelin with air down to 8 psi with 33" swampers without beadlocks and I haven't seen them have any problems yet.[addsig]

I usually air down to 15 psi and haven't had a problem yet although the sidewalls look a little close to the ground. Some of the guys I go 4-wheelin with air down to 8 psi with 33" swampers without beadlocks and I haven't seen them have any problems yet.
thank you for the info :evil: [addsig]

Remember, different brand tires can handle lower pressures, like bias-ply swampers can run to single digits with no problem, with such stiff sidewalls. Most other tires can't be run so low.[addsig]

No, MT/R's sidewalls are not as stiff as the Bias Swamper. Trail and error here, just see what works for you. Start at about 18 and I wouldn't go below 12 or so.[addsig]

My buddy used to drop his 32x11.50's to 10 (BFG AT) down at Pismo (a big sand terrain park)[addsig]

Hay g the last time we went to hollister did we even air down. You did just fine in all those rocks. [addsig]

Hey JE420EP where do you live? I live in morgan hill (between San Jose and Gilroy). We should go wheelin sometime!! And do you plan to go to the jeepz week in TN?[addsig]

Hey JE420EP where do you live? I live in morgan hill (between San Jose and Gilroy). We should go wheelin sometime!! And do you plan to go to the jeepz week in TN?
Shane, je420ep and I both live in salinas, CA. We are going to hollister this weekend. Would you like to hook up? :evil: [addsig]

Just a little bit out of the way.
If you want to do some wheeling just let us know and we can hook up some time. By the way what are you driving.

edited by: JE420EP, May 02, 2003 - 04:12 AM[addsig]

I use 18 offroad, but wouldn't go below 12psi. It all depends on terrain, driving skill, and rim type.
I have no skill so i'll just stay home :evil: [addsig]

It has ALOT to do with the size rim you are using. acceptable PSI for a 33in. has less to do with the height of the tire than with the width of the tire compared to the rim. if you are running a 33x12.50 on a 15x8 rim, you should be able to air down quite a good bit. However if you are running the same tire on say a 10.50, you cannot air down as low without blowing the bead.[addsig]

What does skill have to do with low psi. If it's going to blow it's going to blow. I think it all depends on the tire and rim.[addsig]

What does skill have to do with low psi. If it's going to blow it's going to blow. I think it all depends on the tire and rim.
Thank you Mr. 420. :evil: [addsig]

Back