air intakes

originalrider41

looking at an improved air intake for an 04. I read the write up jpmagazine has on them and im liking the mopar. was wondering if anyone knew of any other writeups or had any comments before I buy one. Also, will I be able to put a snorkel on with a new intake?

There are more positive feedbacks on a Cold air intake upgrade than neutral feedbacks. If you do install a cold air intake i don't think you can have the snorkel on at the same time though unless you splice the snorkel where the filter is originally attached to.

I have the AEM Brute Force intake. I love mine. It has a little whine to it when accelerating or going uphill; sounds kinda like a little turbo. Some people are bothered by it but I never minded it. Once the engine adjusts to it -- it won't be as noticeable. I notice a bit more power than stock with it. I have one of the originals when they first came on the market. From what I understand there is a dryflow air filter available now. Mine is the old one that has to be oiled. Kinda of a pain. I will definitely get the dry flow when its time to replace the filter.

Attachments

• PDR_0193.JPG
    PDR_0193.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 159
  • PDR_0194.JPG
    PDR_0194.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 157
Back