air horns

eat_sleep_jeep

Anyone have some some good air horns? Not too costly, loud as hell. I'm tired of the weak wimpy jeep horn. I want to blow the paint off the car in front of me :twisted: haha

Get one off of a Semi. They should be loud enough! If you've already got OBA, your good to go.

I got one off of ebay for like 20 bucks, mini compressor included. hooked it up using my existing wiring. worked for about 30 seconds, and now the horn wont work and the e-brake light wont come on now.......not sure why.

anyhow, check ebay.

I will check for you have a friend with a bunch of junk big trucks! I need one for the dump truck any way! To day and to night we worked 15.5 hours bulding a dyke at the local nucular plant to prevent the likely floods tonight and tomorow! What does that have to do with air horns well was bord setting in line to get loaded today and took a plastic soda bottle and my kinfe and drilled a small hole in the bottom. Now like I said I too need a set of air horns all that happens when you pull the cord is a fast hi pitched hiss from the air hose that should go to the air horns! OK take the botle slid the air hose into it and snug it upbase of the bottle to the top of the truck! give the cord a pull and the soda bottle becomes a Serious botle rocket! hehehe launch that pupp 75 to 100 feet into the air! Now if I could come up with a siteing system I could really have some fun! Sorry for the tangent kind of crazy spent 40 hours in a dump truck in the past 3 days!!!! tug

I've got one from a semi sittin here that I haven't installed yet. I also want to get a Dukes of Hazzard air horn but can't find one anywhere.
The best one I've heard is the one a guy brought into my buddies shop. He had an air horn from a train under the hood of his Contanental convertable...loud as hell.

88Wrangles said:
Get one off of a Semi. They should be loud enough! If you've already got OBA, your good to go.

Careful.. there are laws in many states as to how many decibels your horn is allowed to be in a car... most truck horns are over that limit. That having been said, any cheap air horns will do the trick and are easy enough to hook up. On my 'yota pickup I had a set hooked up with a kill witch so I could use the stock horn at inspection, next to a cop, etc.

jeep90 said:
I got one off of ebay for like 20 bucks, mini compressor included. hooked it up using my existing wiring. worked for about 30 seconds, and now the horn wont work and the e-brake light wont come on now.......not sure why.

anyhow, check ebay.

small 5A fuse in the fusebox under the hood.... you HAVE TO hook that compressor up to a relay.. i run 3 horns right now, all at the same time... you can NEVER mistake my horn for anyone else's

after my last wreck and Jump I am thinking of getting the "9 note" horn Would have been nice to be 4 feet in the air and having Dixie playing.

front and side marker lights

I have the la cucaracha air horn and love it.

I got the hella air horn kit and hated everything about it..well, mainly the sound..it made it seem like my car was thug, with that high pitch noise. I took it out right after I installed it, it sounded soo bad..i Need to go to a junk yard and get a good one.

I had the generic 2-trumpet air horn available at any auto parts store, comes with it's own little mini-compressor. Worked great. I don't own that jeep anymore and have been meaning to get another on this jeep. I wired it up to a switch so I could switch back and forth from stock to airhorn. It was an attention getter.

They're only about $30 or so.

Back