ADD-A-LEAFS

TexasRed

I got a quote on Superlift add a leafs yesterday. Has anyone used these yet. What Im wondering is do they actually give you the 1 1/2 in lift they specify they give. I would like to get the 1 1/2 additional lift without spending the 350.00 to 500.00 for a suspension lift. Thanks for any info.

If its a full leaf stretching the length of the spring pack, it will most likely give you a little lift. One thing you have to watch out for is what the lift will be after the springs settle back down. I put Rancho AALs in my spring packs, they did add about 2 inches but then settled to about one inch. I will be replacing all my spring packs one of these days though, ever since I put my bumper/ tire carrier on it made my rear spring packs squat another inch. Good thing I put that AAL in!

I don't know :?
AALs are a quick fix for sagging, worn out springs or to crutch up a spring that is just too soft for the intended application, but even high quality AALs are going to make the ride more harsh and limit flex.......I don't think I would want a set made by a company that has earned the nickname "SuperSTIFF".

Save the extra $$$$ and get a lift. If you already sagging springs are in need of replaceing then you are just putting a bandaid on a problem. I am one who can tell you that it is hard to gather and part with that much cash for a few extra inches, but it is so worth it when you roll that puppyout of the shop and into the woods. tug

Yeah the AAL def. stiffend up my ride quite a bit. I got them cause I didn't want to spend the money for the correct springs. They do the job but in the end I will be buying the springs I wanted anyway.

I cut up two YJ front leaf packs to make 4 long AAL's and gained 1.5" to stock YJ springs. It lasted and didn't stiffen the ride. Go ahead and do it if you want 1.5" of lift on the cheap, but consider using stock springs to make the AAL, it's a lot cheaper for the same thing.

The condition of your stock springs will be the biggest factor. How much would an AAL kit cost you?
You can get a full suspension pretty reasonably nowadays.

mine wasn't stiff.. and still holding up well

Bounty__Hunter said:
I cut up two YJ front leaf packs to make 4 long AAL's and gained 1.5" to stock YJ springs. It lasted and didn't stiffen the ride. Go ahead and do it if you want 1.5" of lift on the cheap, but consider using stock springs to make the AAL, it's a lot cheaper for the same thing.

I remember that a few years ago that was a popular thing to do when going SOA to help fight spring wrap. How long did it last for you? I remember hearing about people having to redo it alot, but they did flex alot better than normal aftermarket AALs.

It didn't limit the wheel travel any?

I had WAY too much travel before... i would go around a turn and roll over 200 times... now its perfect... it still flexes, and holds up weight very well

amazing tool

4-Wheel Parts gave me a price of like 149.00 and another place 179.00. I guess it would be better to just go ahead and get a small susp. lift. My stock springs are kinda like granny a little saggy anyway. I bought 10 in rims yesterday and Ill put them on this mornin and that will make the tire wider and a lil shorter for now. I bought the Eagle Alloy 203s. Them and the Nittos will look sweetttt.

if you are going to BUY an addaleaf... you might as well save an extra 2 weeks pay and go with a full lift kit

TexasRed said:
4-Wheel Parts gave me a price of like 149.00 and another place 179.00. I guess it would be better to just go ahead and get a small susp. lift. My stock springs are kinda like granny a little saggy anyway. I bought 10 in rims yesterday and Ill put them on this mornin and that will make the tire wider and a lil shorter for now. I bought the Eagle Alloy 203s. Them and the Nittos will look sweetttt.

I assume that doesn't include longer shocks or shipping, so I'd say a rough country 3" lift would be a much better buy.

Here's one place you can find it: http://www.followmyrutz.com/catalog_2/product_info.php?cPath=21_37_517&products_id=1671

YOu can also call RC direct

My AAL didn't stiffen the ride or limit articulation. I exected some changes but didn't see any except the taller stance. They lasted a year on my jeep, and are on another YJ now holding up just fine. And I flexed them a lot.

Back