A Visit by the Great Turkey

Each Thanksgiving, the Great Turkey flies around the globe in his lifted CJ, delivering gifts to a select few boys and girls chosen at random from the phone book. This year, the Great Turkey dropped a load down my chimney, then came down and rang the doorbell.....

Actually, it was my son and daughter-in-law. He was driving home from a job Wednesday and found four German Shepherd puppies in the median of a 4-lane 70 mph highway. One had already been hit and killed by a passing car, so he picked up the others, two males and a female. After having to put down our German Shepherd of 13+ years, I swore I'd never get another dog. But these little pups broke my heart (I'm a softie for abandoned animals, that's how I got 3 of my 4 cats). We decided to take the female. Here are a few pics:

Sonya4-4.jpg

Sonya3-4.jpg

Sonya1-4.jpg

Ok everybody together on three: AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonya2-4.jpg

We've named her Sonya. She's about 6 or 7 weeks old, near as we can tell. We plan on taking her to get her shots and get her spayed as soon as she is old enough, as well as taking her to a reputable obedience school. Our old GS, Sheba, was very well trained, perhaps the best dog I've ever been around in my life (she was Sunshine's watchdog before we got married). Sheba was descended from a long line of US Army police dogs from WWII.

Stephen refuses to take them to the humane society and is trying to find good homes for them (giving them away, he shouldn't have a problem). The humane society in Wichita is horrible, I wouldn't take my ex-wife there (so you know it must be bad).

(MODERATORS: I thought I had posted this earlier today, but couldn't find the thread. If the other one shows up somewhere, save this one and delete the other, please.)

Last edited:

So, what about the other 2, you cold-hearted, male dog biased thing you!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ..................

JK, you know, Sparky!!:lol: Good to see you've got another companion! I really think dogs have a "J" attached to them somewhere.

mud4feet said:
So, what about the other 2, you cold-hearted, male dog biased thing you!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ..................

JK, you know, Sparky!!:lol: Good to see you've got another companion! I really think dogs have a "J" attached to them somewhere.

Oh, Lordy, I doubt we'll be able to afford food for this one! Fortunately, there are plenty of little kids in the neighborhood that should keep her fattened up for a year or so!:twisted:

I've already got plans to start taking her for rides in the Jeep, even as young as she is, just to get her used to it. Seeing as how Sunshine doesn't like to go wheeling and exploring with me, I'll be glad to have Sonya as a rider.;)

awww!! i love puppies..... your making me super excited for next weekend. my friend is getting her siberian husky Shakina -> i think she'll be 8 weeks old.. and i get to puppy sit the next day :D i cant wait to play :D

:D Sparky how cool!! I love shepards although I've never had one. My uncle is a detective and he has had two since I've known him about 12 yrs now. He got the second one last year after the first one had been passed a couple of years. They were police dogs ( I think ). But anyway, good dogs, well trained.

That is one BIG puppy!!

I can't stand people who neglect animals. All of my pets since adult hood have been strays or rescues.

I would like a dog to jeep ride with me too. I had one and left him with my ex. He was way too big to handle and I didn't have the jeep then. Were dating again though so maybe someday he'll be mine again? lol

Good Job and Good luck with your new sweetie!!!
Lady

Back