A Crazy Canadian's Idea

Matmadus

I was sitting around at the park where the local jeep club hangs out, and I got thinking of some of the mods I would like to do with my jeep. Lift, top, axles, tires, and then I got thinking about the engine and if I would get rid of the 4.0L and go diesel. 5.9L Cummins diesel out of a ram. I love the sounds of a turbo diesel plus I want to do something different. So... Does anyone think this can be done? Would a 1994 YJ be able to handle this? So I though what better place to get input then Jeepz.com. So what do place think, can it be done or is this just another of my Crazy Canadian idea’s.
8)

Matmauds

you'll need to upgrade the drivetrain... but yeah, it should go... if you do it... i'm coming over... i want to see it

Time Tools and Money and you can do just abought anything you set your mind to. Like the man said go for it and invite us up to see the show. tug

And let us take a test drive you can charge us 5.00 for 15 min or until we break something .....HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I has been done, But there is a lot of computer work and custom fabricatior that needs to be done. want a better way to get a diesel int a YJ! In europe (and mexico) the KJ's come with 3.2 litre diesels and the WJ's come with 3.9 litre diesels I think. Try to get you hands on one of those, should be easier, and a bit more expensive to get the motor.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to keep a eye open for a engine now, see the one i had got sold 15 mins before i got there. anyway i'm from Southwesten Ontario near windsor

Matmadus, good luck with it and if you decide to do it take tons of pictures of step by step and take lots of notes ...incase someone else decides to go for the Desil Power....:)

I just found out today.. that my mother's husband just bought the contents of a barn... and in that barn was a 3?? hemi, and a 6.5L diesel engine... and he DOESN'T want them... he got everything he wanted out of there and is leaving the rest for grabs... I have to find out where it is and get my butt down there

Back