95 2.5L faulty catalytic converter?!?!?!?

BrandonV

Hi.

My GF's Wrangler sounds as if the cat has gone out, again. She said its been replaced a few times by the dealer but the last time was 4 years ago. Would the recall still apply since they installed another faulty unit?
What is the sound that the faulty unit makes? Does it sound like the cat shield came loose and is rattling around, like a tinny metal-on-metal sound?

Thanks!
[addsig]

One sign of a bad cat is that it sounds like a coffee can half full of marbles when it rattles.[addsig]

honestly.. if you can get away with it... i'm with tug on this topic... i gutted my cat.. and i was quite happy with it[addsig]

Just cut out the cat and weld in a pipe. More power and better fule mileage. tug

It crossed my mind but living in LA County pretty much cuts that chance down to zero. Any reccomdations on where I can buy a cat. converter and cat-back exhaust system for a decent price?[addsig]

did recently the same thing ...
go Santa Ana, Pep Boys, your cat will be new after 120 bucks ... [addsig]

We have emissions tests here in Albuquerque too. You can still take out the cat and put in a straight pipe. You'll just have to replace the cat before your inspection. If you go with a cat back system, get a high flow cat. [addsig]

Another way to tell if your cat. is bad, is over 1000 rpm there is no power what so ever!

I got my cat. from random tech. and is a carb approved high flow unit. I got it from Quadratec I think, was about the same price that I was quoted at all the local shops including labor. Spent the same amout, installed my self, love it!

Johnny [addsig]

Back