90 jeep cherokee

timber55

Wheel swap out question

:?: how does the head light switch come out i lost my dash lights i think the switch went bad on me new to the board like it very much timber ps thanks

New Years Day ride at Rockport Off-Road Park

According to my manual, this switch is just like the old Ford trucks which are a breeze. Pull the switch out, reach under and feel for a small button, about the size of a pencil eraser, and push on it as you pull on the knob, this should release the entire knob shaft and exose the ferrule retaining nut that you unscrew and the switch should drop down far enough to unplug the connector. If you have big hands like me, this can be a bit of a tight fit. Good luck

Hi,

The above procedure is correct. Note that you will want to remove the lower dash trim (the piece that runs all the way across the Jeep). To do so, remove all the screws in the black plastic strip between the upper and lower dash pieces, then remove the screw behind the ashtray, and finally remove the screw found by each footwell lamp.

-Nick :!:

:) thank;s bud the diagram will be a big help till i get a manual for the jeep. i also had a starting with it no spark and also bought a coil but before i put it on tried it again and it started man was i that was a waste of 50 bucks but it was before i found this site so i started cleaning ground wires and checking connectores seemed to help alot but will see in the future timber PS thanks for the help hope alll had a good turkey day

Back