72 cj6

72chokers

It will not start you turn the swich and nothing battery is charged starter is good and the sIllinoid is new idk what's next any idea

Do your accessories come on? Like the dash gauges, lights, radio, etc? Make certain both battery terminals/cables are clean and tight. If you turn the ignition to the starting position, do you have power at the control circuit of the solenoid? If you have acc. power but no power at solenoid, check the ignition switch and its linkage at base of steering column.

Well its been sitting far 10 years and I got it to were it wines over about 1/4 and that's it then you turn the fan and it will do the same thang

If this sat for 10 years without being run regularly there may be rust buildup in the cylinders. Remove the plugs, squirt some oil in each cylinder and hand turn the engine to avoid cylinder damage. But it sounds like your past that...

Be sure the battery is charged, you may want to jump as well just to be sure there is enough cca to turn that engine. Check fuel pressure, replace fuel filter and remove any old gas and refill with fresh.
New plugs gapped correctly. Verify you have spark.

points and condenser, coil, if you are turning the key and nothing. If you have a test light or muti meter check for power at the coil from the ignition switch, then check for power on the other post of the coil. If that checks ok, then take off your dist cap, rotor button and bump the starter till the points are closed and manualy pull back on the points arm and let it snap back and look for a spark at the points, if none you need points and condenser. The key needs to be on when you snap the points open and closed.

Thanks and I'll see what happens and has any one seen a in line 6 turn over 6000 rpm and still be the same moter it was and could you build one to turn more rpm

My cj5 sat for only a year and the ignition switch developed excessive resistance. It was dash mounted btw but it made it do some crazy stuff and if there is enough resistance it would consume all voltage and not leave anything for other things.

I finely got it to crank after I found a wire was cut .it went to the coll replaced it and she fired up like a new one,

Back