5 or 5.5 lift

What's a good 4" lift? Don't want another Superlift. I want something that'll give me a nice ride.

most of the guys that have something bad to say about Rock Krawler have never owned one and probably never even seen one. I hear lots of guys say they have "Heard" bad things but on one has ever given me a reason or an example!! I will put my Rock Krawler lift against any other one on the market......hands down it will out flex it and out perform it!

Radio wiring #$%#@%

And you're probably right, having first hand experience. But you're comparing apples to oranges because a company that has a good TJ kit may not necessarily make a decent YJ kit. But you can compare customer service across the entire product line.

If you want a good 4" kit, check out the Rubicon Express Extreme Duty 4.5" or the Rusty's Offroad 3.5" kit. The Rusty's kit is about half the price, got mine for $385. Both have a beefy second leaf that's a full military wrap on one end and 1/2 military wrap on the shackle end. Gives a lot of support under the ends of the main spring where it's prone to bending, and aids in preventing axlewrap.

So the RE makes a good riding 4.5" lift? Another question, when installing this lift, should I put some greasable shackles on their too?

So the RE makes a good riding 4.5" lift? Another question, when installing this lift, should I put some greasable shackles on their too?

The RE 4.5" kit comes with shackles, I believe they may be greaseable. The fronts are straight and the rear are boomerang shackles.

I'm thinking about getting the extreme duty springs, possibly shackles if they sell them individually, put those on. I already have some Rancho shocks that aren't installed yet, would that be a bad setup if I also cut my BL down to 1"?

Merkl,
Off Road Connection in Gardendale has a good line of springs you may want to check into and Rusty's does as well. It will at least save you on the shipping. I run the Off Road Connection 2" YJ spring all the way around in sprung over setup. It rides really well and hasn't sagged a bit (I wish it would so I could get in the garage without airing down the tires).

Back