5 or 5.5 lift

MerkL

Does any company make a 5 or 5.5 inch lift kit? Due to the events that have happened recently, I'm thinking about redoing the lift(Don't know if it was done properly). I don't want to go up to 6" b/c that will make my 33's look funny with that much space. Thanks for any responses.

do a 4 inch pro comp susp... it looks good and you can still tuck 33's with no problem. It gives a good look and good stance. That is just my opinion, plus the kit come with tc kit, and all ext. brake lines and ext. sway bar connects and shocks (usually es3000).

Well, I'm used to the 5.5 I have now, that's why I don't really want to go lower, might now be able to come to a full flex. What about the Rubi Express SOA? There online catalog said it would give out 5.5" of lift? Or will it give more? I'd need to find some factory springs though.

The RE soa will vary on the conditions of the jeeps spring packs... Some people have reported 5.5 and others more... But whatever the outcome, count on it to drop a bit, the springs will settle after a while, so it's difficult to say what the outcome will be. Just make sure you don't get your springs into a negative arch situation... I put in an AAL just to add some life and lift to my packs.

Oh by the way, if you are looking for 5" of lift I would go for the 4" like mentioned above and get the extra inch from a body lift or a shackle lift. It will look good with the 33s and no worries about your spring packs.

Skyjacker Rock Ready 6" Monolinear kit. At $1,300 it's not cheap, but it is a very high-end lift kit that includes shackles, brake lines, discos, shocks, dropped pitman arm, and extended track bars. The maximum tire size they recommend is a 33x12.5 because of the amount of flex involved.

Beadlocks

Would 1" shackles mess with my steering angles or something? And would it make it more unstable if I lifted it with shackles?

i would say to go with the SOA... awesome setup, especially if you are planning on some serious offroading

MerkL,

I agree with Snitty. Do the SOA. However, if you don't have the time to do SOA and want something bolt on, you can do the 4" lift plus 1" lift shackles. That is the setup that I'm running. My shackles are actually 1.25" of lift and I have no issues with steering or wander. My shackles are pretty beefy though... nice big box welded in the middle. Click on my website to see some pictures. I just lifted it, so I only have a few pics with the lift, but many with my shackles. I clear 33's with no rubbing, and that's without bumpstops!

C

Yeah Rock Krawler makes a sweet 5" kit for the YJ. Email me and I can get you a pretty good deal on that kit! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!

Wolfsmate: what all comes with the lift you could hook me up with?

ah_too_bad said:
do a 4 inch pro comp susp... it looks good and you can still tuck 33's with no problem. and shocks (usually es3000).
I've never seen a ProComp leaf spring that actually moves, they are the stiffest spring going. Sure, they'll last, but at what expense. The ES3000 is a very stiff riding gas-charged shock, was glad to get them off our old XJ.

If you want minimal fuss on installation, go with a 4" SUA kit and 1" body lift.

3 advantages of the body lift over the shackles.
  • Does not decrease your approach and departure angles
    Does not raise the frame, thus keeping the center of gravity lower
    Keeps caster and pinion angles where the lift kit builder meant them to be

Ahhh, Bounty......I see you have never owned a Superlift spring. But I know what you mean about the ProComp too.

3 advantages of the body lift over the shackles.

Does not decrease your approach and departure angles
Does not raise the frame, thus keeping the center of gravity lower
Keeps caster and pinion angles where the lift kit builder meant them to be

and it can be much easier IF the body bolts will cooperate

Closed system coolant bottle

I have a Superlift on there now, and it's pretty damn stiff. I'm kind of leaning toward the Rock Krawler lift 5". That'll give me pretty good clearance for my 33" meats. Any of you guys have experience with Rock Krawler?

Back