4wheeling Techniques

LadyJeepFreak said:
BTW, WHEN are you getting a JEEP man???

Heather
I just get sick of seeing them all day long.
This thread kinda proves my point. 4 Wheeling Techniques.
Used by all, not just jeeps.
Only reason I stick around Jeepz is " This is not your average forum".

Back on topic
Driving a fullsize limits my chance to "pick lines".
So I look for the worst rock sticking up and put my side on it. this way I know the passenger side is clear.
Having Skid plates is a big help, Allowing me to get the front end over and drag the rear if need be. If a object is too big, I pull up to it on an angle and cut the wheel to allow the side of the tire to climb it. From that I square up and have the spotter tell me if the driveshaft will clear.

Another very important one is to make sure all of your tools, and passengers, are strapped down very well. When your in your driveway, you might think that 300 lb tool box isn't going anywhere, but when you roll over, it'll be flying all over the place!!

Frame tie-in

i always carry a 4,500 lb. come-along and plenty of tow strap with me. i've been stuck too many times where i just can't quite reach a tree for a tow point with my straps, so i make sure i have plenty now (100 ft. atleast). come-alongs are great though... i've been stuck in so many situations that i would have never gotten out without one... even with a winch its still a good idea to carry one.

Back