4 shocks are better than 3

MerkL

Four shocks are definitely better than three. I broke a shock mount at Gray Rock, and drove with it for a week. I finally welded it back on, but when I was trying to push the shok back up, it wouldn't budge one bit. So I took it off and it was bent to hell. So I went to southern offroad, which is pretty close to my crib, and took one off their hands. After I got it on, it rides so much better. I know they don't make the ride softer, but they act as a dampener. I was used to bouncing up and down after a bump, but now it's great, only one bounce. Just thought I'd let y'all know if you ever break it, it's worth fixing right away.

And three shocks are better than two :)

Awesome to hear! glad to see your back on the road!

Funny how that happens. My rear shocks are pretty well protected, yet I lost one up there, too. It was an RS9000 that got bent in to a 45 degree shape. They don't work too good like that. I still haven't figured out how that happened. It had to have been a log get jammed up in there while backing up.
I'm glad that's all you broke. That place has a knack for tearing up perfectly good Jeeps.

yep, right rear shock just kinda hangin down there, thankfully not too low to hit the ground that often... that'll get fixed when I put my lift on and get all new shocks

I am going to get the mount for the shock welded on in a few weeks, was wondering if anyone knew if I need to replace any parts down there to get the shock back on, it looks like its just the perch on the bottom of the shock that came off, cause it is still secure on the top, hence why it is still hanging there.

You won't need any new parts, unless your shock is bent, like mine was. Otherwise it willweld right back in place.

heh, i was driving down the road the other day and i was behind a jeep with a right rear shock mount broken off, there arent too many trails with rocks gnarly enough to take one of those off around here, seems to be quite the phenomenon

Back