4" Lift Help!

prariepunk

I'm gonna be installing a 4" Skyjacker on my '05 TJ Saturday May 15th... I have a basic knowlege of mechanics & wondered if anybody would be able to field questions I have on Sat. I will be away from a computer so I'll be calling... any one interested? PM me with your number & I'll PM you with mine

I'd probably be more harm than good - I just came to say take a bunch of photos.

I normally find two or three good writeups on the web and print them out - seems to help sometimes.

I don't know their hours, but:
Skyjacker Product Inquiries
Phone: (318) 388-0816

Hope all went well today. I installed a 3" lift on my '04 about a month ago and had some issues along the way. Currently looking into shop to follow up on my work, I'm a novice at best, and help resolve death wobble. Post some pics or maybe just some general results when you can.

1st off: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO STEELHEADZ FOR THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT! Well, at the end of day one only the front got done :( the pitman arm was the bigger struggle... I snapped a 1/2in drive breaker bar on the removal of the nut that held it on! I heated & soaked it with PB Blasted but took a li'l persuasion with a ford tool (hammer) but once that was remover we had to cut the pitman arm it self off! Getting ready to go work on my rear end in a little bit... not as many pictures as I'd hoped for but I had greased covered hands. I have some pictures to post. Next step/question is tires or SYE?

I did my own 4" Skyjacker lift...thought it would take 2 days, took almost 4 with with review and finishing touches on day 5. 33" tires on day 6 and 2 weeks later the front end alignment. I swear no one had been under that Jeep since 04, many nuts and bolts seized, pitman arm, lower suspension arm and 4 year old shocks. 2 cans of PB, dremel tool to cut out the shock bolts and a good torque wrench. Beer was good too.

Glad I did it myself, learned a bunch and have more pride saying I DID IT.

A few weeks later and major highway driving with no vibrations at 65 mph

Wish I could say the same. Had alot of the same problems with my '04 (broken bolts, snapped drivers, beer and couple empty cans of PB Blaster) and seem to have small issues popping up on regular basis. Recently contacted a 4x4 shop that is willing to go over all of my work and help get it right.
Good luck with your project and enjoy it.​

1st off: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO STEELHEADZ FOR THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT! Well, at the end of day one only the front got done :( the pitman arm was the bigger struggle... I snapped a 1/2in drive breaker bar on the removal of the nut that held it on! I heated & soaked it with PB Blasted but took a li'l persuasion with a ford tool (hammer) but once that was remover we had to cut the pitman arm it self off! Getting ready to go work on my rear end in a little bit... not as many pictures as I'd hoped for but I had greased covered hands. I have some pictures to post. Next step/question is tires or SYE?

Where's the pics? I want to see what it looks like!

GOING TO THIS

GOT ME THIS

A deep incission through muscle... held together with super glue in the pic... It hurt & didn't want to stay shut.

Next is either a SYE or tires... the adjustable front trac bar should hel;p with Death Wobble when it comes in on monday

they're 30's on there now but 33's to come soon... just started a new job in a slaughter house, pay's great but it's messy... I am one of the few who can stomach the job.

Back