3" BODY LIFT

cjminson

I HAVE A 3 INCH BODY LIFT ON MY 2000 TJ, WITH 2 INCH COIL SPACERS,IM GETTING READY TO DO A 4 INCH SUS. LIFT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DROP TO A 1 ICH BODY WHEN I DO SO?

What is the jeep going to be used for, and what size tires do you plan on running? If you don't want to get at least 35's and possibly regear or upgrade the drivetrain, then i would say reduce the body lift to 1"

I have a Hole in the Seat of my Work Van

Just my opinion, but anything over a 1" BL looks kinda tacky.....but, that's just me. Welcome to the "Z"!! Got any pics of the rig?

RE: Bleeding a 95 AX15

I'd drop to a 1", especially if you don't need the tire clearance. It's a lower center of gravity, and it's less stress (leverage) on the body mounts, bolts, and tub.

RE: Pics of my XJ-Testing my new Digital Camera

I say just leave it, it's already on there and the extra clearance is always nice. Plus i just had to change my transmission and all that extra room made it alot easier.

RE: Pics of my XJ-Testing my new Digital Camera

What size tire do you plan on running? I'm no fan of large body lifts, I really don't like the way they look. If you do not need 7" of lift then go ahead and drop it a bit.

Dude, run as much BL as you need to run.

The only real downside is the way it looks.....luckily, the only person who has to think it looks good is you.

Throw some black wheels on it and the fashion police will cut you a break on that BL :wink:

Get a short throw shifter and extend the arm, or just extend the current shifter arm and deal with having to move the knob another inch to get it in gear.

RE: 92 cherokee Aut. not shifting, only 1 gear

well its an automatic so i dont have that problem! thanks though. here is a pic of my jeep. tell me what ya think so far!?

Attachments

• jeep_920.jpg
    jeep_920.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 366
Back