1in body lift

ajfrank43

I just installed a daystar 1in taller body mount kit. I was woundering if anyone knows where I can get the cover up kit for the gap I now have between the body and the frame. I know they make one but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks[addsig]

diamond plating
image-missing.png
oh... whoops... can't use that as well here huh...?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Black Duct Tape is good for a while, then new round of duct tape. heheheh Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I'm thinking sheet metal painted black, and if you didn't want a gap you shouldn't have gotten a body lift.[addsig]

Yeah body lifts are pretty much a pain in the ass... Many people go for them because they think it will be the "easy" way to gain a lift... Well... to gain a 1" lift, which is a very small lift, springs or shackles are a much easier way, and (if shopped right) cheaper than all the stuff involved in a body lift. And there is not much involved with a body lift... Plus you don't have the trouble of covering the absence of matter.[addsig]

I would agree that while body lifts may add a little height, they don't really add that much for you. You get added tire clearance, that is about all. I would much rather go with a 1.5" shackle lift, its a lot easier and you gain ground clearance as well which is very beneficial to have....[addsig]

Come on McGuiver make it its just 1 inch piece of metal or maybe plastic, youll learn something!!, and be damn proud of it.

[addsig]

Get some nerf bars for the side of your jeep. They will help in the masking of your gap and look cool. Just don't get chrome! Chrome is for buicks and trailer hitch balls, not jeeps! For the front, get a brush guard or winch. For the rear, mount a hi-lift jack on the crossmember.

Problem solved. [addsig]

Your grippin about 1inch! C'mon man put some pant's on! 1inch is nothing. If it really bothers you remove the lift. What was the reason for the 1" body lift anyway?

edited by: jprtroy, Jan 31, 2003 - 08:33 AM[addsig]

I have a 3in body on my 88 talk about a gap I just try for about an hour or so to fill it with mud its real fun and no more gap, when it falls out just repeat also works great on scratches and dents its like the all natural bondo

Marc
image-missing.png
[addsig]

AHHHH now there's an explaination that could have helped before.. Now that we know you have a suspension lift, and are using the body lift to clear the tires... it seems much more viable[addsig]

Well... I don't have the suspension lift YET, but that is the next process. I'm kinda stock piling all my things first.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

You can lift other ways... plus... i would think if you have money for a few kits, then tires, then you could be able to get some bumpers fabbed up... best wishes for you... when its done... lets get some pics[addsig]

Ive got the 1inch body lift on my tj too. Itll look fine after a

couple weeks. Spend the money on the one inch motor mount

lift. It make a BIG different in driveline angles. As far as

the color gap goes above the frame in the rear, under the

plastic fender poser thing, paint it black. Or you can do what

I did and get rid of it and roll on tub liner in the fenderwells.

I did the same to the front while I was at it. [addsig]

I'd like to see a spring OR shackle lift that can be done for the price of a 1" body lift
image-missing.png

The advantages of a body lift:

<UL>inexpensive

gives more tire clearance after you have the suspension set up the way you like

does not affect caster or pinion angle as shackle lifts do

simple to install

inexpensive

keeps center of gravity lower than same amount of spring or shackle lift

[/list]

Nothing wrong with a body lift, if done within reason. I have 1" and wouldn't install over 2" of body lift due to the increased leverage placed on the body, body bolts, and frame perches.

Those that speak so highly of shackle lifts, they:

<UL>decrease caster, which will increase steering wander

change pinion angle, which can lead to vibrations and u-joint failure

decrease approach and departure angles, the shackles hit EVERYTHING

only lift half the difference of shackle length, not very effective

ugly
image-missing.png

[/list][addsig]

shackles = $30 at parts store... cheaper and easier than a body lift. My springs from the junkyard were free-er than a body lift too[addsig]

$30 for all 4, you wouldn't find that cheap silver metal on my Jeep. The parts store shackles I've seen look like they'll fold in half. Most shackle sets run about $60 or more a pair, and you need 2 pair. A good BL is about $70. Mine was $25.

Easier, I think they'd be about the same, since both are likely to have stubborn bolts.[addsig]

Back