1/2 doors

Natty

I've been pondering the idea of buying some full soft doors and am on the verge of breaking out the plastic and calling quadratec. I would say if this happens...but it is more like when it happens I'm going to sell my 1/2 steel / 1/2 soft doors. They are red with some character etched into them from an occasional trail ride or two. No dents or cracks...just a little character. The lock on the driver's side door doesn't work...but who uses locks??? If anyone is interested...let me know.[addsig]

how much you want for em? what color interior? The shipping is going to kill from florida... isn't that where your from? It's been a while Natty.[addsig]

Yeah...it has been a while...my computer decided to have a serious brain fart so I've been out of the loop. Interior door color is a faded gray, and the mirrors have been relocated to my windshield frame...but I figure you'd have some already. After checking ebay for a price comparison...I figure $100/ea. would be fair. Most places that shipped on ebay quoted $50 for shipping. Let me know...and yeah...I'm in Florida and diggin' the summer weather. I think this weekend I'm going down to the Everglades...never been there...should be some awesome kayaking since it's getting close to allligator mating season. What color is your ride??[addsig]

So $250 for the whole deal? The interior color is good, mine is a light gray too... as for the exterior, mine is black. But I think I can get the painter at my shop to spray em black for me probably cheap or even for free. Do these come with the uppers too? I forgot to ask that, and if they do I hope the uppers are black. thanks bud.[addsig]

Sure...I'll throw the uppers in too...however the passenger's side upper's fabric is tearing away from that plastic part that goes up under the rail on the door, needs to be sewen up again...and the windows aren't exactly scratch free...the good news is that they are black. I'll have to find out exactly what the shipping is...but chances are it wouldn't be more than $50...so $250 is a good ballpark figure. Adios.[addsig]

Cool, your the man Natty. One more question... do the tops of the doors have round corners or sharp? I am looking for the round corners cause I have a hard top they have to fit to as well. Like the shape in the pic below \/
image-missing.png

Thanks again[addsig]

Unless you want to grind down the corners...they are not round. So in that case...no I will not throw them in...in fact they are $250/ea extra...and another $250/ea for shipping...and then there's the handling charge...and then.... :) Anyway...if you still want the lower doors...let me know...it'll save you on shipping anyway...unless you want it all just for the summer...anyway enough babble...ponder the options and drop me a line.[addsig]

So for the Lower halves... $250 includes shipping. Or is the shipping more? Sorry you last post was a little unclear.[addsig]

It's still only $100/ea...that hasn't changed. It depends on what you want, ie. just the lowers, or both the uppers and lowers. If you want both...I'll ship both. If you want just the lowers...shipping will be cheaper. So $200/pr + whatever shipping will be...if you're interested just let me know your zip (again) and I'll call UPS to check the rates, and let you know the total shipping. [addsig]

Sorry for the delay but I finally got off my duff and got the info for you...here it is: standard ground delivery - $30.20
3 day ground - $75.86
overnight air - $213.75 :lol:
So it could be as cheap as $230.20 or if you're really anxious...$413.75.
:p [addsig]

Sounds good Natty, I am in no rush to get them here since all this rain doens't seem to be leaving anytime soon. Let me know how you want to do the transaction.[addsig]

Ya want the top 1/2 also...or just the bottoms??? We could do bid'ness whenever...all I have to do is order the soft doors and the other ones could be in the mail the day I receive the soft ones. If you want...just like last time...I'll send the goods and whenever you receive them...send the dinero...that works for me. So if you are ready...I'll order the doors asap. Later on...[addsig]

Well I need the tops with the rounded corners... I hope I can find some that will fit these doors. Whats the deal with that anyway, is there a certain year that had pointed door corners and others that had round corners? So, no tops, just the bottoms... then I have to paint em and all that. Standard shipping is fine, send whenever you want.[addsig]

Cool deal. Not sure about the rhyme or reason behind the rounded vs. corner issue. Like you mentioned previously...maybe just the hardtops have those...??? I'm not sure either way, but you should expect the doors in about a week. Thanks - Matt.[addsig]

Cool, I assume you have my address still from our last transaction? Send a little bill with the doors just incase too, don't want anyone to get screwed here. Your becoming my own personal jeep parts dealer here :lol: who woulda thunk it.[addsig]

Actually...the address wandered off somewhere and I'm not sure when to expect its return...so just in case it stays out all weekend...ya better let me have it again. Thanks.[addsig]

FYI
On YJ's, the sotft tops with the square corners are factory Jeep soft tops.
The tops with the rounded corners are after market tops, many were dealer installed and look just like factory but are actually aftermarket. The easiest way to know is, on the windshield where the door seals against it, the fatory soft top had a piece of metal that screwed on, aftermarkets do not have these. As far as I know, Jeep did not produce a YJ with both tops and both 1/2 and full doors. Doesn't mean you didn't buy one, just that the either soft or hard were dealer added.

In 1997, the TJ was the first factory Jeep to have rounded corners, and was available with factory hard and soft tops!

Johnny

P.S. this is best to my knowledge and I checked with the local dealer when I bought my first YJ a couple years back.[addsig]

Ah I see, that makes sense... the rounded corners look tons better anyway. My YJ came with a hard top and a soft top but with only full steel doors with round corners... the doors fit both tops perfect though! Does this mean I have an aftermarket hard top too? I know my soft top is Bestop but not sure about the hard top. [addsig]

Back