zj audio question

bchcky

i seem to have temporarily misplaced my haynes (manual that is, not underwear). does anyone know if the front and rear speakers in a 96 zj with the infinity gold sound system in it are the same size? thanks for your help!

You can also put in 6 1/4, same speaker size (cone diameter) as the 6 3/4 and use a adapter bracket that is usually included in the spreaker box.

Black Wheels?

jps4jeep said:
You can also put in 6 1/4, same speaker size (cone diameter) as the 6 3/4 and use a adapter bracket that is usually included in the spreaker box.
thanks johnny. my rear left is blown, i was thinking about just moving the fronts to the rears and getting some high grade bostons for the fronts. i have a friend that works for boston acoustics and could hook me up.

That sounds like a very good solution! All the years I was an installer, I could never figure out why people instisted on putting these really nice speakers in the rear, and leave the fronts stock?

You sit in the front of the vehicle, isn't that where you would like the best sound? If you need a hand, I can swap all of those in about a half hour! email me, I have dave coming over for round 2 of YJ lift!

Back