your opinion on spark plugs and wires......

bigTlilODD

I remember a discussion regarding spark plugs and I cuoldn't find it. My Jeep is acting like it's missing, kinda. Before I take it in to the shop I figured I'd change the plugs and wires. In hopes that that'll do the trick. Y'all had some good points about certain plugs and I could use that information.[addsig]

I switched to an 8mm accel wire and plain old autolite plugs and I have no compaints about either one. There is really no need to spend $10 on a spark plug. Don't forget the cap and rotor while your at it. Hope you get it figured out. Evan[addsig]

If you've got a timing light handy it couldnt hurt to hook it up to each wire to see if they're firing before you go out and buy plus/wires/cap/rotor... I read your post about the engine running really rough suddenly... it reminds me of when the harmonic balancer went on my old ford, sorry I can't help more...

jim[addsig]

I use autolite 985s and some stock replacement wires. Theyre both good, but on thje next change I'm probably going to upgrade to some 8mm accel wires. The autolites are good plugs and nice and cheap.

TARSI[addsig]

I use champion plugs in mine, they work well. Can't remember what the wires are.[addsig]

Champion Truck Plugs (gapped at 55 due to my 256 cam) and 8.8mm mallory wires with an accel super coil.[addsig]

I just bought the top of the line Auto Zone 8mm Wires last tune up come with a life time warrenty and Autolite plugs as well. No complaints so far. Tug[addsig]

A few weeks ago my TJ also felt like it was missing. I changed my plugs to AC Delco ($1.79 each) and a $35 wire set. No more problems! [addsig]

I just changed my plugs a few months ago and I went with the SplitFire Triple Platinums that Quadratec offers. They seem to be really good so far, but they are 5.95 a plug! Kept the stock wires and plan on changing those next time.........[addsig]

I just replaced my plugs and wires on my 95 Wrangler. I got the Bosch Plugs and wires. They are pretty good. I usually go with "top of the line Autozone wires" just because they are guranteed for life, or something like that, so all I have to do is swuap them out, but I discovered that they don't last. My mom is a manager at Autozone, and she mentioned that people hardly ever take the Bosch plugs back for exchange/return, so I decided to try them out. We will see how long they last. Just my 2 cents. -Al[addsig]

Back