You'd Better Fill up now

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

got my jeep back today from the shop, with 1/4 a tank left. filled up for $45 (@ $2.93 a gallon for 89). i was actually surprised, because i thought it would cost me more. or maybe i'm just happy to have my jeep back :p .

i can't say i've really noticed a huge change in gas prices here, yet. prices will probably go up now since i wrote that.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Suggestions...

randomjeeper said:
got my jeep back today from the shop, with 1/4 a tank left. filled up for $45 (@ $2.93 a gallon for 89). i was actually surprised, because i thought it would cost me more. or maybe i'm just happy to have my jeep back :p .

i can't say i've really noticed a huge change in gas prices here, yet. prices will probably go up now since i wrote that.

Yeah, I guess getting your Jeep back would soften the blow of "gas pump sticker shock"! Glad to hear it is well again!

Prices have gone up from 2.39 to as high as 3.08 here in just under a week. Borry sastards.

judge09 said:
There was an internet rumor going around that gas stations were going to run dry last night and all of them were going to shut their pumps off starting midnight last night until the crisis is controlled. I guess it spoked alot of people because the lines after work yesterday at the pumps were pretty silly. I am really loving my short drive to work. I dont know how people who travel long distances to not well paying jobs are going to be able to deal with this. There was an article that said low income families spend 20%of their disposable income on gas. Now imagine what they are going through now that gas prices have doubled since last year. It doesnt leave much money for anythign else.

There were actually several stations in Wichita that did run out of regular (87 octane) gas the day before yesterday.

I figure at $3 a gallon, it's costing me almost $10 a day to drive to work. I just put in a little extra OT at work and make it back up.

Bush should suspend the federal gas tax now, that would save around .20 cents per gallon, then it would be up to the individual states to suspend their taxes, unless the Prez could do it with an Exec order.

I saw yesterday that the EPA has suspended the regs on what blends can be sold in certian areas, BS. AT least now any refinery can make any gas for any region, and that will help supply some.

geez.......were still screwed :(

My trip to colorado is going to cost me about another $100 in fuel cost.

gas prices here went up .40 overnight... talk about gouging. you know they haven't bought higher priced fuel yet, they are just raising the price because they will have to soon. that is just wrong.

graewulf said:
gas prices here went up .40 overnight... talk about gouging. you know they haven't bought higher priced fuel yet, they are just raising the price because they will have to soon. that is just wrong.

That's true, but it's the way stations average out what they have to pay. Most stations (convenience store types, that is) only make 2-3 cents on a gallon of gas. They rely on sales of other items like candy, pop, bread, milk, etc. to make their profits to pay the bills. If they buy a tanker of gas at $2.99 a gallon (retail sale price) and the price goes down to $2.49 a gallon, they're losing a hefty chunk of change if they wait till the next shipment to change the price at the pumps. They have to raise it when the market goes up to keep up with their budgets.

I was at Super-Walmart today (as much as I hate to admit it :oops: )
and I witnessed two red necks buying 8 thats-- EIGHT-- 5 gallon gas cans, all but two left on the shelf and running to the gas pumps, when I drove by the pumps, two guys in 1970's fords, had old beat up 55 gallon drums filling the trucks and the drums with gas at 2.79 per gallon.

Panic buying always helps in these times...........

I heard an old saying about human nature once..

Git all you can
Can all you git,
poision the lid,
and sit on the rest........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

RE: what

CherokeeGuy42 said:
Snitty said:
I'm glad I converted my jeep to run on sewer water

lol I love that. Your going to have to share the secret.
I've never heard of that conversion before.... mine runs off of alcohol induced urination..... yep I go right in to the tank and it burns clean.... my liver must not work :?

mine runs off of alcohol induced urination..... yep I go right in to the tank and it burns clean.... my liver must not work

you worry me :? ....................................................................... :)

90Xjay said:
mine runs off of alcohol induced urination..... yep I go right in to the tank and it burns clean.... my liver must not work

you worry me :? ....................................................................... :)
I worry me to :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heater Core Leaking

I just realized something kind of funny. I buy 55 gallon drums of 110 octane racing fuel for about $175 each. That's like $3.18/ gallon...and I can keep getting it for that price. The wierd part is pretty soon I can probably start running the daily driven vehicles on 110 and have it actually be cheaper!!

Back